Russian President Vladimir Putin will attend the 2018 FIFA World Cup opening match between Russia and Saudi Arabia on June 14, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday
Russian President Vladimir Putin will attend the 2018 FIFA World Cup opening match between Russia and Saudi Arabia on June 14, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday. “As of now, I can say for sure that the president will attend the World Cup opening match, which will involve Team Russia and Team Saudi Arabia,” he said, reports Tass news agency.
When asked if the president planned to attend any other World Cup matches, Peskov said that “everything will depend on how things go”. The 2018 FIFA World Cup, the first-ever hosted by Russia, will be held between June 14 and July 15, in 11 Russian cities — Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kaliningrad, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Sochi and Rostov-on-Don.
Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Uruguay will make up Group A, while Group B will include Portugal, Spain, Iran and Morocco. Group C is going to consist of France, Australia, Peru and Denmark, while Group D will be Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria. Group E will be composed of Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia. Group F has Germany, Mexico, Sweden and South Korea, while Group G will encompass Belgium, Panama, Tunisia and England. Finally, Group H has Poland, Colombia, Senegal and Japan. The World Cup opening match will be between Russia and Saudi Arabia. During the group stage, Russia will also play with Egypt on June 19 and with Uruguay on June 25.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever
- New Dad Prince Harry Just Met His Adorable Mini-Me at the Cricket World Cup Opening Match
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Highlights: Mina winner takes Colombia to last-16 as Senegal bow out
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Highlights: England elbow out Colombia in penalties, in quarterfinals
- World Cup opens with music, passion and Jennifer Lopez
- FIFA World Cup 2018: When football breaks the barriers of vision!
- For Vladimir Putin, coronavirus offers a diplomatic opening and outsized PR dividends
- Robbie Williams Flashes a Middle Finger at a Camera During World Cup Opening Performance
- 5 Things to Know About the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia
- Virat Kohli In Injury Scare Ahead Of India's World Cup Opener Against South Africa
- 2022 World Cup: Qatar wants status quo to be maintained
- U.S. Beats Netherlands, Wins 4th Women’s World Cup Title
- Fifa abandons plans to expand World Cup in 2022 to 48-team competition
- World Cup 2018: Lucky Diego Costa Goal Sees Spain Past Dogged Iran
- Coronavirus in sport: FIFA postpones U-17 Women's World Cup to be held in India
- Fears for Vladimir Putin who’s ‘convinced he’s immune to coronavirus’ amid string of dangerous Covid-19 security lapses
- FIFA postpones U-17 Women’s World Cup in India due to Covid-19
- Coronavirus pandemic | FIFA postpones U-17 Women's World Cup in India due to COVID-19
- FIFA postpones U-17 Women's World Cup in India due to COVID-19
- Vladimir Putin: behold, the other man of the moment
- Vladimir Putin urges G20 countries to work together to find coronavirus vaccine more quickly and declares unemployment a 'key risk' of current crisis as world leaders meet by video conference
Vladimir Putin to attend FIFA World Cup opening match have 582 words, post on www.mid-day.com at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.