Vietnam’s foreign ministry on Monday denounced recent landing and taking off drills carried out by Chinese bombers on the Paracel (Hoang Sa) Islands as a serious violation of Vietnam’s sovereignty in the South China Sea, which it calls the East Sea. The move has increased tension, caused destabilization and is not beneficial to the maintenance of peace, stability and cooperation in the region, according to the ministry’s spokesperson, Le Thi Thu Hang. In addition to violating Vietnam’s sovereignty over the Paracel Islands, it goes against the Vietnam-China Agreement on Basic Principles Guiding the Settlement of Maritime Issues, violates the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea and negatively affects the negotiation of a Code of Conduct in the waters. “Vietnam requests that China put an end to these activities immediately, stop militarization, seriously respect Vietnam’s sovereignty over the Hoang Sa Islands, seriously comply with the Vietnam-China Agreement on Basic Principles Guiding the Settlement of Maritime Issues and the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea between ASEAN and China, create a favorable atmosphere to maintain a peaceful, stable environment in the region,” Hang said in a statement. The spokesperson also stressed that Vietnam… Read full this story
- Washington Post: Chinese warship nearly hits U.S. destroyer in South China Sea near disputed islands
- China 'likely' training bomber pilots for strikes on US, report says
- Pentagon says China's armed forces are 'likely training for strikes' on US targets
- Britain's Brexit trade deal with Beijing put at risk by South China Sea 'provocation', state media warns
- Operation Mekong: China Solidifies Its Influence in Southeast Asia
- China military 'likely training for strikes' on US targets, Pentagon says
- China 'training for strikes' against US, Pentagon says
- Royal Navy in South China Sea: 'The British are Clearly Making a Point'
- Japan and US Jointly Conduct Air Force Drills Over East China Sea – Statement
- China is picking off Taiwan's diplomatic allies under the noses of the US
Vietnam denounces China's landing of bombers on seized island in the Paracels have 344 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 21, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.