WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump on Monday (May 21) urged China to maintain tight control of its border with North Korea until he signs a denuclearisation deal with Kim Jong UN. Donald Trump, China’s President Xi Jinping, and North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un at a railway station in Seoul AFP/KIM Sue-han Trump is scheduled to hold a landmark summit with the North Korean leader Jun 12 in Singapore, but Pyongyang recently has threatened to pull out over US demands for “unilateral nuclear abandonment.” “China must continue to be strong & tight on the Border of North Korea until a deal is made,” Trump tweeted, suggesting China may have eased up on enforcing economic sanctions against Pyongyang. “The word is that recently the Border has become much more porous and more has been filtering in.”, he wrote, adding he wants North Korea to be ‘VERY successful,’ but only once a deal has been reached on denuclearization,” he said. China is North Korea’s biggest trade partner, and Trump has called on it repeatedly to press Pyongyang to rein in its nuclear and missile programs. Besides protesting US disarmament demands, North Korea also angrily condemned joint US-South Korean military exercises, and last… Read full this story
- Experts urge Donald Trump to dial down North Korea rhetoric
- China and North Korea talk nuclear
- Trump's threat on North Korea 'a clear contradiction'
- China's Xi urges Trump to peacefully resolve North Korea tensions
- Kim Jong Un is ‘ready for war’ and China moves 140,000 troops to its border after Donald Trump sends warships to North Korea
- Donald Trump calls for new North Korea sanctions amid fears Kim Jong-un will launch his sixth nuclear missile test TODAY
- Donald Trump may visit the North Korean border next month where Kim’s guns are constantly trained on visitors
- Donald Trump rejects diplomacy with North Korea
- Donald Trump vows to ‘solve North Korea’ problem as White House adviser warns Kim Jong-un could hit US with nukes by 2020
- Why Donald Trump's tweets puzzle North Korea and box in US
Trump urges China to clamp down on North Korea border have 352 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.