Hanoi (VNA) – The relationship between Vietnam and the US continues to develop effectively in many areas, of which economic and trade cooperation is one of the focuses, said Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue.
The Vietnamese Government official made the remark at a meeting with US Deputy Trade Representative Jeffrey Gerrish in Hanoi on May 21, during which he affirmed that the Vietnamese Government is making great efforts to improve business environment and fine-tune national competitiveness.
Vietnam attaches importance to perfecting institutions and policies to create favourable conditions for domestic and foreign investors, including those from the US, to operate effectively in the country, Hue stressed.
Sharing Hue’s opinion, Gerrish said the US would further develop its cooperation with Vietnam.
The US wants to reach agreement with Vietnam in settling problems related to car import, electronic payment, and regulations in Vietnam’s draft law on cyber security that requires servers managing data of Vietnamese users be installed in Vietnam, he noted.
In his reply, Deputy PM Hue said he would ask relevant ministries to propose ways to address the issues mentioned by Gerrish before a delegation of the Vietnamese Government make a working visit to the US next month.
Regarding the Vietnam-US trade and economic ties, the Vietnamese Government is concerned about the US’s imposition of anti-dumping tax on shrimp and leather shoes, and high taxes on steel and aluminium of Vietnam, Hue said.
Gerrish said he believes difficulties between the two sides would soon be resolved, thus pushing the economic relations between the two countries in the coming time.-VNA
- Deputy PM, FM Minh busy on sidelines of 14th ASEAM FMM
- Deputy PM calls for more investment from Japan’s Tochigi prefecture
- India will stand firm on oil and gas cooperation with Vietnam: experts
- Deputy PM, FM to attend 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh visits Cambodia
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh meets with Cambodian leaders
- Deputy PM holds talks with Belarusian counterpart
- Deputy PM asks for stronger efforts to combat IUU fishing
- Deputy PM Trương Hòa Bình meets with Lao leaders
- Deputy PM Trương Hoà Bình visits Cambodia
- China, Vietnam ties grow well: Chinese Embassy in Hanoi
- Deputy PM: EVN must focus on breakthroughs for power development
- Deputy PM-FM Pham Binh Minh to attend 14th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Vietnam wants WHO’s support to better healthcare system: Deputy PM
- Trade pacts cost Vietnam $558 million in import duties
- Deputy PM Minh busy with bilateral meetings on fringe of ASEM 12
- Vietnam resolved to realize UN 2030 Agenda: Deputy PM
- Cashless payment help boost internet economy: Deputy PM
- Vietnamese deputy PM confident about China's future development
- Vietnam boosts bilateral, multilateral ties on ASEMFMM14 sidelines
Trade cooperation a focus of Vietnam-US ties: Deputy PM have 441 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.