Located from ten to 20 meters underground, the second tunnel has had 470 meters out of its total length of 781 meters completed.
At the current pace, approximately ten meters of the tunnel can be installed with concrete slabs every day.
Construction of this second tunnel began in January and is expected to complete at the beginning of June.
The second tunnel runs from Ba Son Shipyard, going under streets including Ton Duc Thang, Ngo Van Nam, Nguyen Sieu, to the Ho Chi Minh City’s Municipal Theater in District 1.
Following the installation of concrete walls and railways, the lighting systems and other supporting structures will be set up, a representative of Shimizu – Meada, the Japanese main contractor in charge of the metro line project, said.
The metro line No. 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, stretching 19.7 kilometers, will connect Ben Thanh Market in District 1 with Suoi Tien Theme Park in District 9, passing through Binh Thanh District, Thu Duc District, and District 2.
The metro line is mainly aboveground with two tunnels located in the city’s downtown area.
The first tunnel, also connecting Ba Son Shipyard with the Municipal Theater, began in May and completed in October last year.
The whole metro line is expected to complete in 2020.
- Safety in Saigon - 3 Ways to Enjoy Ho Chi Minh City Safely
- Getting to Know and Use the Not So Scary New York City Subways
- Phnom Penh - Cambodia's Capital City
- Oklahoma City Lakes
- Treating Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chi Tea Weight Loss Program - Losing Weight, Gaining Health
- Iowa City Homes For Sale History
- Famous Cities of India
- Antalya, Turkey City Guide
- How to Get to Baguio City, Philippines