When is a dog, not a dog?
When it’s a great big black bear – with huge fangs and claws.
That’s the realisation a Chinese family came to after Su Yun brought home what she thought was a cute puppy for the family two years ago.
But that adorable pup kept on growing and having a huge appetite, for a mere doggy.
Soon enough the puppy had grown into a 250lb black bear.
Su Yun told Chinese media the ‘dog’ ate “a box of fruits and two buckets of noodles every day.”
The family realised their mistake when the ‘dog’ continued to grow and grow and started walking on two legs.
Ms Yun said: “The more he grew, the more like a bear he looked.
“I am a little scared of bears.”
The bear has now been taken into care at the Yunnan Wildlife Rescue Centre after the family got in touch, asking for help.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Meghan Markle’s dad will NOT go to her wedding after suffering ‘heart attack’
‘THIS IS FOR MY KIDS’
Brit dad sues Nokia for £1m claiming heavy use of phone caused tumour
Brit tourist, 50, drugged and gang raped by hotel workers in Italy
Heartache of Alfie Evans’s dad as he takes tragic son on final journey
JAMIE SUGAR CHUMP
Jamie Oliver’s website features milkshake recipe 6 times the sugar limit
Britain to bask in ANOTHER mini-heatwave next week after weekend washout
Staff were rather intimidated by the bear, which now has a standing out of one metre, and sedated it before transporting it.
The animal has now been confirmed as an endangered Asiatic Black Bear which is on the list of the International Union for Conversation of Nature, with hunters killing it for body parts.
The family say they bought the animal believing it to be a Tibetan mastiff while on holiday in 2016.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- There's More to Choosing a Dog For Family Than You Think!
- Canine Epilepsy - Implications For You and Your Pet Dog
- Is Your Dog a Pet Or a Family Member?
- Dog Obedience Training For Pets
- List of Large Dog Breeds - A Must Read
- The Right Dog Food Will Keep Your Pet Happy
- Best Dog Breeds For Families
- The Founding of a Thailand Dog Rescue - An Interview With Amandine Lecesne, Of Care For Dogs
- Notes From the Couch - Conscious Parenting - It Takes a Village to Raise a Child (Or a Puppy)
- Boxers Make Great Family Pets
- What is the Meanest Dog Breed? A Must Read
- How to Minimize Your Pet Allergies
- Dogs and Small Children - Advice and Education
- What You Need to Know Before Getting a Dog
- Economic Stresses and Your Pet
- What is the Strongest Breed of Dog? Find Out Today!
- Dog Training - Memories of Training My Puppy
- How to House Train Your Dog Quickly and Easily
- Dog Training Made Fun and Effective With a Few Good Packages
- How to Spot the Signs of Dog Arthritis
Pet dog raised by family for more than two years turns out to be a BEAR have 529 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.