Hospital installs new digital X-ray imaging system: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently installed a new digital X-ray imaging system for its Neuroscience Center. The Innova IGS 630 system from GE Healthcare provides advanced imaging capabilities with excellent precision, safety, and dose management to adapt to all neuro endovascular procedures. It is the latest in interventional imaging technology.
GOOD SAMARITAN HEALTH CLINIC NURSE OF THE YEAR: Registered nurse Lezonie Burney was awarded Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s 12th Annual Good Samaritan Health Clinic Nurses’ Gala Bayonet Point Nurse of the Year award. A winner is selected from each local hospital. A secret selection committee selected Burney upon information submitted by her nominator. She will reign for one year and will have community appearances.
EXCELLENCE IN NURSING AWARDS: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently recognized two nurses for excellence in nursing during Bayonet Point’s HCA Awards of Distinction celebration. The awards honor exceptional individuals whose work and lives reflect the patient-centered and humanitarian values upon which HCA was founded. Gwenn Hartley was presented the Compassionate Care award, given to a nurse who demonstrates exceptional nursing knowledge and expert skills and consistently applies both with compassion and integrity, so that the quality of the care experience and the care outcomes are improved for patients in any clinical setting or nursing specialty. Crystal Drilea was presented the Professional Mentoring award, given to a nurse who advances nursing practice in any clinical setting or nursing specialty by guiding or supporting career development for individuals or groups of nurses or by advancing evidence-based nursing knowledge. Both nurses receive $500, a plaque, a front-row parking spot or pass in the physician’s parking lot for one full year, a large garden basket and the Excellence in Nursing lapel pin.
NETWORKING GROUP OFFERS MEMBERSHIP PERKS IN JUNE: During the month of June, the West Pasco Business Association will offer special member benefits to those who join, including a $25 one-time fee waived, banner ad (linked to your website) on WPBA’s website for 30 days, your name in the quarterly brochure, and a discount on dodgeball team events. A breakfast will be held from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. June 8 at Marchman Technical College, 7825 Campus Drive, New Port Richey. Guest speakers include Clara Rose, Kristi Dale and Jennifer Bravo. A light breakfast will be served. For information, call (727) 934-0940 or visit wpba.biz.
CHAMBER’S ANNUAL AWARDS BANQUET: West Pasco Chamber of Commerce 74th-Annual Awards Banquet will be June 15 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Doors open for social hour at 6 p.m., dinner and program begins at 7 p.m. This year’s theme is “Turning Our Silver Into Your Gold,” as the chamber recently celebrated 25 years of Business Development Week success. The event’s presenting sponsor is Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and Medical Center of Trinity. Tickets are $50 per person, table sponsors of eight are $500. For information or tickets, visit westpasco.com.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, June 18 through Aug. 13. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays at the Pasco EDC, 16506 Pointe Village Drive, Suite 101, Lutz.
The cost is $295. Registration deadline is 5 p.m. June 13. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. Call Becky Martin at (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
CHAMBER’S ANNUAL INSTALLATION AND AWARDS BANQUET: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 2018 Installation and Awards Banquet on June 29 at the Groves Golf and Country Club, 7924 Melogold Circle, Land O’ Lakes. The reception (with cash bar) will be from 6 to 7 p.m., dinner and program from 7 to 9 p.m. Advance tickets are $50 per person, or two for $90 if purchased before June 27. Tickets after June 27 are $60 per person. For information, call (813) 909-0827.
Save the date
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPRECIATION & COMMUNITY AWARDS BANQUET: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host its 57th annual Membership Appreciation & Community Awards Banquet from 6 to 9 p.m. August 23 at St. Joseph’s parish center, 38750 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. The event’s premier sponsor is Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. For information, call (813) 782-1913.
PEDC AWARDS AND TRADE SHOW: The Pasco Economic Development Council will have its annual Awards and Trade Show Sept. 6 at Saddlebrook Resort, 5700 Saddlebrook Way, Wesley Chapel. Sponsorship opportunities include: Presenting sponsors, $5,000; Gold sponsors, $3,000; Trade Show sponsors, $2,500; Silver sponsors, $1,500; and Bronze sponsors, $500. Call Suzanne at (813) 926-0827, ext. 226.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5 to 6:45 p.m. June 12, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 12, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 13, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Professional Selling Techniques, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 18, Regency Park Branch Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Utilizing YouTube for Small Business, 1 to 3 p.m. June 26, SMARTstart Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., Suite 309, Dade City.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You also may email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap – Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Stadium restaurant and bar, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. Please note the change in meeting costs. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Tuesday prior to the meeting. Wednesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
- Pasco County Permits Restaurants To Expand Open Seating
- ‘We Are Prepared To Open Our Doors’: Mall Of America To Reopen Retail Stores On June 1
- US consumer credit rose at slower pace in June
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 16
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 10
- Covid-19: Businesses to reopen in Italy, citizens to be allowed to move freely soon
- Tesco to axe 1,700 managers in third big cull since June last year
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 15
- Decatur YMCA Set To Reopen In June
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 12
- Montgomery Co. Business Briefing Hosted On May 8: How To RSVP
- Acadiana business owners talk reopening plans with 25% capacity
- Franziska Riepl named UL business college's top graduate for Spring 2020
- Local F&B businesses take different strategies after social distancing
- As coronavirus restrictions ease, NT pubs, punters prepare for beers and business as usual
- Business owners advised on diversification for success
- Grant Program Offered To Fairfax Co. Small Businesses, Nonprofits
Pasco Business Digest for June 8 have 1910 words, post on www.tbo.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.