Over the past two years, youngsters nationwide carried out over 21,200 works and over 226,900 responsibilities assigned for youth. Through voluntary movements, more than six million youngsters realized hundreds of programs and projects on building bridges and rural roads, developing start-up villages for youth, constructing flood-resistant and charity houses as well as schools for highlands children, and establishing youngsters’ farms and youth cooperatives.
Speaking at the congress on May 20th, Vo Van Thuong, Politburo member, Secretary of the Party Central Committee (PCC) and Head of the PCC Commission on Popularization and Education, praised the achievements made by the youth nationwide, stressing that over the past time, in realizing Politburo Directive 05 on studying and following President Ho Chi Minh’s ideology, morality and style, diverse creative deeds suitable for the youth had been reported, and following Uncle Ho’s teachings had become key tasks in teaching ideology, morality and lifestyle among the youth.
“Programs, movements and campaigns on studying and following Uncle Ho’s teachings have created an ebullient impetus among members of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union,” he added. “Notably, excellent members have been reported in every area, region, group and gender, having an active influence on the youth, children and the whole society.”
He urged the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union to further carry out the programs on studying and following Uncle Ho’s example on a wider and deeper scale, making it become a regular and self-conscious deed of each youngster; and take the key value of President Ho Chi Minh’s ideology, morality and style as criteria for developing the image of Vietnamese youth./.Compiled by BTA
- President Ho Chi Minh’s 128th birthday marked abroad
- 23 outstanding ethnic minority entrepreneurs honoured
- War veteran builds museum to honor comrades
- VIETNAM & CAMBODIA – 2 or 3-week Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap itinerary with Mekong Cruise
- Officials, Party members must raise responsibility for setting example
- SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards' Takes Top Honors at a Show Where Women Took Center Stage
- Ho Chi Minh City Cruise Port Guide
- Stephen Miller Torched by His Own Uncle: I Watch Him With ‘Dismay and Increasing Horror’
- Review: The Reverie Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- Singapore Airlines A330 Business Class Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City