Mysuru: The efforts of the District Administration, Mysuru City Corporation and the citizens paid off as the heritage city Mysuru topped the Cleanest City list among the Medium Cities category in the Swachh Survekshan-2018 rankings.
However, it is also to be noted that unlike the first two times when the city bagged the top slot in the country and dropped to the fifth spot last year, this time Mysuru has to be satisfied with the medium city category top award.
Incidentally, Hunsur in Mysuru District bagged the ‘Best City’ in Solid Waste Management-South Zone with a population of less than one lakh.
The results were announced by Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs in New Delhi yesterday and Mysuru topped in the 3 lakh to 10 lakh population list.
Recently, the Swachh Survekshan team had conducted the survey of 4,203 cities and submitted a report to the Union Ministry of Urban Development. Accordingly, the honour of the cleanest city in the country went to Indore followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh. Indore and Bhopal, both in Madhya Pradesh, have bagged the Cleanest City tags for the second year in a row.
Among the other highlights of the Swachh Survekshan-2018, the Cleanest City with a population above ten lakh went to Vijayawada, Cleanest State Capital to Greater Mumbai, Best City in Innovation and Best Practise Nagpur, Best City in Solid Waste Management Navi Mumbai and Mangaluru.
An 11-member Swachh Survekshan-2018 team associated with Karvy Infrastructure Private Limited, visited the 65 Wards in the city during February and personally went to ten houses in each Ward and also videographed the event.
The team had scrutinised documents pertaining to quantity of waste generation, segregation, transportation, processing and disposal of solid waste, details of zero waste treatment plants, steps taken by MCC for cleaning the city and other related items. They had also visited the solid waste management plants in Kumbarakoppal and the one near the Sewage Farm and checked how the treatment plants worked.
Cricketer Javagal Srinath and Royal scion Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar had also been roped in to promote the Swachh Survekshan initiatives.
- Derry beats Belfast to win Best Kept City award
- Success for Newcastle's Dabbawal at The British Curry Awards
- Small New Zealand town takes out top award
- Littering gets worse in 'disadvantaged areas' of our biggest cities
- Cov Council up for top award
- These are the winners of the 2018 Hull Daily Mail Business Awards
- Here's how to apply for the 2019 Leicester Mercury Business Awards
- Inside Soap Awards gets boozy as bleary-eyed stars leave after party
- Sheffield Design Awards: Refurbished cutlery forge leads winners
- Health Secretary Jeane Freeman wins top politician award
- These two cultural gems have bagged almost half a million pounds in funding
- The three key battles Hull City must win at Birmingham
- The brightest prospects within the Leicester City academy revealed
- Raheem Sterling penalty comments after Man City win were disgraceful
- Cambridge City coach on 'big' FA Trophy win
- Andy Warren: Ratings from Bristol City as Sears and Skuse impress on a night Bialkowski will want to forget
- What we learned from Hull City's win at QPR
- Man City vs Shakhtar player ratings as Sterling shines again
- Man City player ratings vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Lower league clubs keeping tabs on Hull City defender
Mysuru bags Cleanest Medium City Award have 534 words, post on starofmysore.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.