- U.S. & World News
- 20 Towns in Twenty Days
- Local Stories Only
- Face the State
- Closings and Delays
- Liberty Bank Surprise Squad
- WFSB Mobile
- Do you have a news tip for WFSB?
- Inside Channel 3
- Something’s Brewing
- Birthdays and Anniversaries
- 3 On The Radio
- Science Sunday
- Connecticut Science Center
- Lost and Pound Pets
- Pinpoint Doppler Livestream
- Ski Report
- Interactive Radar
- Technical Discussion
- 7-Day Forecast
- Pinpoint Doppler Loop
- Closings and Delays
- WFSB Radar
- Maps and Radar
- Weather Bug iCams
- Early Warning Weather Tracker
- Early Warning Weather Day
- Channel 3’s 2017-2018 winter storm names
- WFSB Mobile
- Your Health
- Better CT
- Beauty & Style
Grandmother shoots, wounds home intruder: ‘Kill him before he kills me’
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:27 AM EDTUpdated: Monday, May 7, 2018 9:17 AM EDT
(Meredith/AP) — A 70-year-old grandmother shot and wounded an intruder who broke into her Philadelphia home.
Maxine Thompson said she had never used her gun before she shot the man who climbed through her window on Saturday. She told WPIX-TV that after she fired at the suspect, she chased him out of the building.
“I reached down and grabbed my gun when he was at my bedroom door, and I shot at him a couple times,” Thompson said. ”He ran down the steps, and I ran down the steps behind him. I shot some more, and he jumped out the window — the same window he came in,” she said.
Thompson, who is the mother of a police officer, told WTXF-TV she went into survival mode.
“Kill him before he kills me. That’s what was going through my mind,” she told the station.
Investigators said the intruder went to a nearby car wash and called police. When officers arrived, they found him suffering from a graze wound to the arm. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Charges have not been announced.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Copyright 2018 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Westminster police sergeant was justified in shooting man threatening to kill woman, prosecutors find
- Source: Man suspected of shooting BRPD officers allegedly killed someone earlier in day
- Gunman kills 3 men in separate shootings, then kills himself
- Police: Man ambushed police; stood over body, kept shooting
- Texas woman kills her 2 children, mother in murder-suicide
- Stabbing Attack Victim Dead; Suspect Killed In San Jose Officer-Involved Shooting
- Maui man arrested on suspicion of killing his roommate
- Attorney general: NY man killed by NJ police after chase
- Kalispell man kills self during police case in Lake County
- Georgia 2-year-old shoots and kills father while handing gun
- Illinois man who put crosses at sites of mass shootings dies
- Environmentalists, State and Federal Officials Pushbak on Plan to Kill Santa Monica Mountain Lion
- Indian forces' unprovoked shelling martyrs Pakistani woman, wounds minor girl: ISPR
- The Latest: Another person dies after bar, home shootings
- Police: Officer Killed, Second ‘Fighting for His Life’ After Louisiana Shooting
- 2 killed, including child, in drive-by shooting in Arkansas
- 'Walking in love': Baton Rouge women touched by Alton Sterling killing, officer ambush discuss aftermath
- Soccer Coach Shot During El Paso Mass Shooting Dies Nearly 9 Months After Attack
- 1 officer killed in Louisiana shooting; 2nd officer hospitalized
- Kentucky man, 63, shoots dead his wife, 60, then kills himself - as authorities say it highlights a rise in domestic violence amid lockdowns
Grandmother shoots, wounds home intruder: 'Kill him before he kills me' have 896 words, post on www.wfsb.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.