HÀ NỘI — Foreign arrivals to Việt Nam surpassed 6.7 million in the first five months of this year, up 27.6 per cent annually, the General Statistics Office announced on Tuesday.
In May alone, the figure topped 1.16 million, down 13.5 per cent month-on-month. The number of Asian tourists hit over five million in five months, up 33.3 per cent while those from China was up 37 per cent, South Korea (62.1 per cent), Japan (6.6 per cent), Malaysia (12.5 per cent), Thailand (9.1 per cent) and Singapore (5.4 per cent).
Meanwhile, the number of European visitors rose by 11.8 per cent year-on-year, including those from Russia (up 9.2 per cent), France (13.1 per cent), the UK (9.6 per cent), Germany (8.5 per cent) and Italy (18.3 per cent). Visitors from America and Oceania were up 13.8 per cent and 12.1 per cent, respectively.
Major tourist localities saw a surge in tourist arrivals. The central city of Đà Nẵng welcomed over 3.2 million visitors, up 30.4 per cent year-on-year, including more than 1.35 million foreigners, or a rise of 51.3 per cent. The central province of Khánh Hòa served more than 2.44 million holidaymakers in the period, marking a 20.75 per cent rise, over 1.17 million of them were foreigners, surging nearly 50 per cent.
In May, the Việt Nam National Administration of Tourism and the Japanese embassy in Việt Nam held a seminar to boost exchange of tourists between the two countries. Last year, around 800,000 Japanese people arrived in Việt Nam while 300,000 Vietnamese landed in Japan.
At present, almost all Việt Nam’s lodging facilities and flight services could serve Japanese visitors, even during the peak season. However, Việt Nam still lacks tour guides proficient in Japanese, especially in the central region. Moreover, Japanese tourists often stay in Việt Nam for short time so Việt Nam’s tourism sector needs to offer new products to satisfy their demand. The Việt Nam Society of Travel Agents proposed Japan loosen its visa policy, especially for groups of tourists from major travel agencies. — VNS
- Pho - Viet Nam's National Soup
- Việt Nam blow Indonesia away in World Cup qualifier
- "Made in America, Sold in the Nam" by Rick Ritter and Paul Richards - Book Review
- Flashback–Biden: U.S. Needs More H-1B Foreign Workers for Corporations
- The Effects of Foreign Footballers on the English Game
- Foreign Currency Mortgages - Take Advantage Of Some Of The Worlds Lowest Interest Rates
- Foreign Currency Mortgages for UK Homeowners - Pipedream or Reality?
- Getting a Mortgage to Finance a Foreign Property Purchase
- Poor Man's Access To Foreign Currency Trading
- Machine Translation SEO For Foreign Language Search Engine Success