VietNamNet Bridge – Tam Ky City, in co-operation with the Korea Foundation, has launched the second stage of a mural project in the coastal Tam Thanh Commune.
A portrait of Korean coach Park Hang-seo of the Vietnamese U23 football team is painted on a wall of a household in Tam Thanh Commmune. — Photo courtesy Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme
Vice chairman of Tam Ky City’s People’s Committee, Nguyen Thi Hien said Korean artists, Vietnamese volunteers and villagers spent 20 days to completing 34 mural paintings on the walls of 50 houses in the commune.
A large mural painting by Korean artists in fishing Tam Thanh Commune in Quang Nam Province’s Tam Ky City. A collection of new 34 painting debuted in a ceremony on May 31. — Photo courtesy Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme
Hien said the project, which is part of the Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme, helped turned the old walls of 100 houses in the commune into 70 colourful murals, depicting portraits of fishermen, local scenes and regional panoramas.
She said the project has helped make the fishing community an attraction for tourists and another tour option after Hoi An ancient town, My Son Sanctuary and world biosphere Cham Island-Hoi An in Quang Nam Province.
An old house wall is decorated with a lively painting. — Photo courtesy Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme
Korean artists also re-decorated some old murals that were painted on old walls of houses and fences from 2016.
The commune, 7km east of the provincial capital Tam Ky City, is home to about 6,000 people in seven villages standing along a 6km stretch of beach.
A portrait of a woman on a fence wall in Trung Thanh Hamlet of Tam Thanh Commune.— Photo courtesy Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme
It been built as a community-based art space as part of a tourism development along a pristine coastline, river scenery and a tranquil environment.
The fishing community welcomes about 500 visitors each day, and 2,000 tourists on weekends.
A girl gestures beside a mural in Tam Thanh commune. More than 100 murals were painted from 2016.— Photo courtesy Korea Foundation Community Art Exchange Programme
Last year, the Tam Thanh art community village was awarded the 2017 Asian Townscape Award for its colourful murals in Fukuoka City, Japan.
- Bondi Beach mural of Border Force officers painted over after fiery council debate
- Banksy's latest mural is vandalised as artist's festive reindeer get red noses days after he painted them on Birmingham wall
- Has Banksy got into the Christmas spirit? Reindeer mural that has appeared on Birmingham wall 'is the work of famous graffiti artist'
- Homeless Santa? Banksy reindeer mural goes viral amid rough sleeping crisis
- Colorado K-12 education news in brief: Text messages encourage literacy, school gets mural, and more
- Bondi Beach mural artist returns to Canberra with new exhibition showcasing works inspired by controversy
- Banksy paints new holiday mural that highlights homelessness
- Church of Christ's fishermen Apostles is found: Israel dig uncovers site of biblical village where Jesus's disciples Peter and Andrew were born
- New Banksy 'earring' mural appears in Bristol Harbourside
- Picasso Portraits; Philippe Parreno review – quickfire genius and inflatable fish
- Harry Styles releases cinematographic new video for Adore You featuring an aquatic friend, locals with 'resting fish face' and the fictional Isle of Eroda
- Harry Styles reveals he DID get nude for new album Fine Line's vinyl artwork: 'It's me and I am naked'
- 'He forcefully raped me': New Jeffrey Epstein accuser claims she was approached by billionaire's female assistant outside her high school when she was 14 then made to perform massages on him in her underwear for $300 each time
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern has given birth to her first child
- Maurizio Cattelan’s L.A. Art Tour, With a Stop at Jim Carrey’s Painting Studio
- Freddie Fox bears an uncanny resemblance to mass murderer Jeremy Bamber in a new picture from upcoming drama White House Farm
- BMW Announces Updates For X1, X2, X5, New Style Pack For 5 Series
- US Supreme Court to Hear Indian Villagers’ Plea Against IFC-Funded Power Plant
- Doris Metropolitan team to open Hamsa, a new restaurant in Rice Village
- RHONJ star Joe Giudice tours seafood factory as he plans to launch fish import company during Italian exile
Fishing village launches new mural paintings have 684 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.