A 108-episode film on Vietnam’s traditional practice of the worship of mother goddesses will be made public on May 12 for the first time.
The film is a joint product of Nhật Nguyệt Cultural Limited Company and An Vien Television to honour the traditional values of the practice related to the Vietnamese belief in mother goddesses.
The film gives an insight into the worship of Mother Goddesses in Vietnam, the role of the four realms in the belief, the stories about the deities being worshipped and measures to preserve and uphold the values of the belief.
Mother Goddess worship is a traditional practice in Vietnam with a long history, having stood the test of social changes.
The belief in Mother Goddess worship reflects people’s desire for health, wealth and fortune.
The practice rituals meet belief-related needs by people in their daily life and have been closely associated with historical and cultural figures, such as Lieu Hanh, Au Co, Vuong Mau (legendary Mother of Saint Giong).
The belief has been practiced in numerous northern mountainous provinces across the nation since the 16th century.
The belief of the mother goddess of three realms worship by Vietnamese was recognized by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage of humanity in 2016.-VNA
- Tribeca Fest 2020 Sets Feature Film Lineup With 95 World Premieres
- Gravitas Ventures Acquires Kestrin Pantera’s SXSW Dramedy ‘Mother’s Little Helpers’
- Among the ghosts of Cambodia’s killing fields: on the set of Angelina Jolie’s new film
- DAU: What's behind the 'most ambitious film project of all time'?
- The new indie gold rush: film buyers flock to resurgent Sundance festival
- Berlinale: Africa's rising film industry
- Oscar nominations: La La Land scores big, Australian film Lion earns Academy nods
- The Voice: Nick Jonas makes dramatic debut as new coach and gains four-chair singer Joanna Serenko
- After making waves in Marathi film industry, Thrissur girl Abhirami forays into Bollywood
- I even frighten my mother: The Handmaid's Tale is dark, but Elisabeth Moss's new horror movie will have you jumping out of your seat, she says - just like her poor mum
- Line Of Duty stars Martin Compston and Adrian Dunbar are suited and booted as Steve Arnott and Ted Hastings... as filming continues for much-anticipated series 6
- Bradley Cooper is a doting son as he carries his mother Gloria Campano's bag and cane while she models fuzzy slippers
- Benh Zeitlin Goes Old-School With Stunts and Puppets for His Peter Pan Film ‘Wendy’
- Golden Bear goes to Iranian film 'There Is No Evil'
- Courtney Act is all smiles posing with Neighbours' first same-sex married couple as she makes her debut on the long-running soap opera
- ‘The Terror’s Christopher Naoki Lee Makes Feature Directorial Debut With Socially-Minded ‘Dinner Party’; Dana Ziyasheva Rounds Out Cast For ‘Greatland’
- Janet Mock & Ryan Murphy Team On Netflix Film About Former Washington Post Journalist Janet Cooke
- Charlize Theron rocks knee-high combat boots to film Netflix's The Old Guard in England
- ‘Making a Murderer’ and 12 More TV Shows That Have Saved Real Lives
- Kinshasa’s street kids at Berlin’s Film Festival
First multi-episode film on mother goddess worship to make debut have 501 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.