Heavy rain and thunderstorms could cause chaos once again with an amber warning issued for flash flooding in some towns and cities.
Rainfall of up to 50mm (2in) in just an hour caused travel problems and damage to homes and businesses earlier this week, and the heat and humidity today will fuel intense showers and thunderstorms across southern Britain.
There is an amber warning for torrential rain, hail and lightning in place from 4pm until 6am on Friday for most areas in the South West, Wales and the West Midlands, as well as Oxfordshire, Hampshire and West Berkshire in the South East.
The Met Office also has yellow warnings in place, advising that the storms may bring up to 80mm (3in) of rain in just a few hours.
It says says power cuts are likely and there may be a danger to life if floodwater is fast-flowing or deep.
Forecasters added that bus, air and rail services could also be affected.
The Environment Agency has issued 36 flood alerts for areas of the Midlands and the South.
The storms will lose their intensity to some extent across central areas overnight but are set to redevelop on Friday.
However, the main threat of thunderstorms will be a little further north compared with today, affecting North Wales, northwest England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic.
More flooding is expected for Saturday across England and Wales.
After a hot and sunny bank holiday weekend, the half-term week has been a washout in many areas.
:: Get the latest weather forecast here.
- Coronavirus: EastEnders actors' real-life partners brought on set for kissing scenes during pandemic
- What IS going on with the weather? UK hit with SNOW in the West Midlands after three days of thunderstorms, lightning and floods (but don't worry, a heatwave is on the way from next week)
- UK weather forecast: Brits set to be hit with 6 inches of rain as 25 flood warnings issued
- The road to nowhere! Bank Holiday misery for staycationers as they face 70-MILE traffic jams and police warn tourists DON'T travel to Devon and Cornwall without a booking - as flash flooding causes major delays across Britain
- 'It was a feeling of terror: when will the water stop?': Britain's flood victims, six months on
- Colder than Christmas! Beaches are set to be deserted on Bank Holiday Monday with temperatures plummeting 7C below December 25 mark
- UK Weather forecast – Brits to be hit by flash floods and battered by thunderstorms as ‘biblical’ deluge continues
- UK weather forecast: Brits set for weekend washout as thunderstorms sweep across country
- Lightning map live and UK thunderstorms tracker: Where are the storms today?
- Several areas in MP, UP hit by floods; water level of Yamuna in Delhi expected to recede
- UK Weather – Britain set for coldest August Bank Holiday Monday ever after weekend washout
- Heavy rains wallop Houston area, causing widespread flooding
- 10pm UK weather forecast – Flood alerts in force for England as odds slashed on wettest September EVER – LIVE updates
- Hurricane Laura Will Leave Lake Charles Completely Flooded by the Ocean
- Louisiana residents refusing to flee storm get grim warning: "Write your name…and next of kin and put it in a Ziploc bag"
- Hero Aussie doctor who saved 12 boys from a flooded Thai cave takes you inside his mind as he pumped them full of ketamine to begin daring mission - and reveals the moment he was told he'd go to hellhole Bangkok jail if rescue failed
- Flood batters Madhya Pradesh; 8 killed, over 9,000 moved to relief camps
- Bengal braces for three-pronged assault of Covid, flood and dengue
- Huge waves batter Britain as the country is set for one of its chilliest August bank holiday weekends EVER with 10C in Scotland and 18C highs in south of England today
- 'I've come back to play': Daniel Craig risks his life in explosive new No Time To Die trailer ahead of November release as he faces off against villains and femme fatales during his final outing as secret agent James Bond
'Danger to life' warning as thunderstorms and flooding set to return have 650 words, post on news.sky.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.