According to the Tourism Promotion Center, Vietnam ranks the 2nd among Asian’s commercial partners of Cuba.
In 2017, Cuba received more than 4.7 million visitors and earned US$3 billion in tourism revenue. Cuba is regarded as the country has a potential to be an attractive destination after Mexico with an estimated number of tourists of 12 million in the upcoming years.
Last year, around 2,500 Vietnamese travelers visited Cuba. However, travel firms said that they have met difficulty in visa application and problems with paying fees for tourist groups.
Mr. Le Truong Hien Hoa, Director of the Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Promotion Center, said the center will cooperate with the Cuban Consul General in HCM City to solve these issues for businesses.
According to Ben Thanh Tourist, the company’s two tourist groups will come to Cuba to learn about trade and investment environment in August and November.
By THI HONG – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Schmidt reportedly visits Cuba to promote Internet access
- You Can Still Visit Cuba—Here's How
- Mighty Car Mods Went Down To Cuba And It's Incredibly Perfect
- How to Travel to Cuba Solo Under Trump's New Regulations
- Google Chrome is now surfable in Cuba
- Egypt panics, struggles to save tourism sector
- Despite drug violence, destination weddings boost Mexico's tourism
- The World of Ninja Tourism
- Google's Eric Schmidt leads crusade to promote open Internet in Cuba
- Can social networking open up Cuba?