KINSHASA, Congo — Congo’s health ministry says 4,000 doses of the experimental Ebola vaccine have arrived in the capital, Kinshasa, amid the latest outbreak of the deadly disease.
Spokeswoman Jessica Ilunga says the vaccines will be sent to Mbandaka and Bikoro, the rural areas where two confirmed cases and several suspected cases have been reported.
The World Health Organization says more doses “should be deployed in the coming days.” The experimental vaccine was shown to be highly effective in Guinea in 2015 during the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
Ilunga says the ministry has recorded 42 cases of hemorrhagic fever in Congo’s remote northwest. She says two cases of Ebola are confirmed, 20 are probable and 20 are suspected.
She says health experts have identified 500 contacts who are now being traced.
- Ethiopia: Ministry to Start Providing Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer in October This Year
- Rwanda: Health Ministry to Increase Clinical Trials
- Anti-rabies vaccines will be procured within a month, says health ministry
- Health ministry kicks off cervical cancer vaccination in Dar region
- Health ministry registers over 100 cases of measles
- Hongkongers’ opinions still sought on fee rises for emergency services, health official says
- 112.ua: Another 800,000 vaccines against measles arrive in Ukraine
- How Italy’s scientific community joined forces and shaped national vaccination plan
- Rwanda: Child Vaccination Reaches 95%
- Nigeria: What Govt Must Do to End Health Workers Strike
- The deadly Ebola threat and President Koroma’s concern
- Nigeria: Five Things Likely to Happen in Health Sector If Johesu Strike Persists
- UN health agency: Hungarian scientist exposed to Ebola
- Nigeria: Only 1 in 4 Nigerian Children Receive Recommended Vaccines
- UN health agency: Hungarian scientist sickened by Ebola
- Cyprus vaccination timetable is lagging
- Nigeria: Osinbajo Inaugurates Abia Tele-Health Initiative
- FT Health: Why ‘sin taxes’ are good economics
- Kenya: State House Says Cuban Doctors to Work in Rural Areas
- Health Minister Encourages Other Islands to Replicate ‘Jamaica Moves’ Campaign
Congo's health ministry says doses of Ebola vaccine arrive have 293 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at May 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.