Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi (R) holds talks with Winston Peters, deputy prime minister and foreign minister of New Zealand, in Beijing, capital of China, May 25, 2018. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)
BEIJING, May 25 (Xinhua)– Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday met with Winston Peters, deputy prime minister and foreign minister of New Zealand.
Wang said that bilateral relations have maintained a good momentum of development since the two sides established diplomatic relations 46 years ago. The two sides should continue to uphold the principles of mutual respect, equality and mutual benefit, maintain closer contacts on all levels, deepen pragmatic cooperation in various fields, and promote the China-New Zealand comprehensive strategic partnership.
He said the two sides should work together to push forward the process of multilateralism and safeguard the international free trade and investment system.
Peters said New Zealand’s new government attaches great importance to developing ties with China. New Zealand is willing to actively participate in the Belt and Road cooperation, and will attend the first China International Import Expo (CIIE) for more cooperation with China.
- Russian Deputy Prime Minister Calls Extra Cut in Saudi Oil Output 'New Year's Gift' for Market
- NZ's prime minister, police and security services apologise after report into Christchurch terror attacks
- Editor of Chinese state newspaper which routinely mocks Australia enjoyed LUNCH at our embassy - here's what he told the ambassador about 'unfriendly' Aussies
- Bizarre moment Chelsea Clinton is berated by Muslim NYU students who blame HER for New Zealand mosques attack because she 'incited an Islamophobic mob' against Rep Ilhan Omar
- A father who thought New Zealand was a 'safe place to raise a family' and a tourist visiting his son: Fresh details about the 50 innocent victims of the Christchurch mosque massacre emerge
- UK Prime Minister 'reconciled' to tougher Covid-19 restrictions as cases soar
- Smiling mosque massacre shooter makes a white supremacist sign with his hand as he is charged with murder after 50 people lost their lives in New Zealand's worst terror attack - and man arrives at court 'armed with knife to stab the accused'
- New Zealand appears to have used NSA spy network to target Kim Dotcom
- Economists urge Prime Minister Modi to push privatisation, increase infrastructure spending
- Thailand's Prime Minister Orders Crackdown on Officials Abetting Human Traffickers
- 'Exceptionally draining': US medics shattered by Covid elated to be in New Zealand
- The New Zealand zoo that washed away in a weekend
- New Zealand joins call for access to social media encrypted data
- Japan’s Prime Minister Is Already Flunking Out
- UN envoy to visit Yemen's Aden to meet new power-sharing gov't
- Việt Nam's external relations in 2020: mettle and new posture
- Vietnam external relations in 2020: mettle and new posture
- Top Chinese official continues talks, tries to heal rift within Nepal’s ruling party
- New Year 2021 around the world — Live updates
- New Year 2021 around the world — As it happened
Chinese state councilor meets with New Zealand's Deputy Prime Minister have 466 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.