Vietnam eager to develop Lien Chieu deep seaport The government has been urging the authorities to appraise Lien Chieu Seaport, showing strong support and promising smoother sailing for the project. Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung recently urged the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) to appraise the capital sources and mobilisation methods of investment capital at Lien Chieu port. Besides, the DPM assigned the Danang People’s Committee to complete the pre-feasibility report for the project after the city studied MPI’ appraisal. Based on reports of MPI and Danang city, the Ministry of Transport (MoT) was asked to build the investment planning evaluation report to submit the prime minister for approval. The assignment of the DPM shows Vietnam’s eagerness to develop the Lien Chieu Seaport project, which is considered one of two key projects that aim to boost the central city as a main logistics centre in the ASEAN and the East-West Economic Corridor (EWEC) that links Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. Although the construction of Lien Chieu Seaport in Danang has just been appraised, domestic and foreign investors are already interested in the project. Notably, Boskalis Inter A.V is the newest foreign investor that expressed interest in joining. Wanter… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says ZTE will pay $1.3bn fine and provide 'high-level security guarantees' to resume business
- The problematic origins of common business jargon
- Keep calm and carry on with a business continuity strategy
- Telstra to slash 8000 jobs, create new ‘InfraCo’ business
- Telstra to slash at least 8000 jobs, create new ‘InfraCo’ business
- Micro Focus shrinks with sale of £2bn software business to EQT
- Facebook stock wipeout: Brief setback or sign of trouble?
- WhatsApp to monetize by selling ads and charging business users
- Microsoft Surface is back to being a $4bn business, says hardware boss Panos Panay
- Amazon Business booms as UK companies increasingly rely on it as a supplier
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 5/6 have 327 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.