Award-winning former AP photographer Russell McPhedran dies News 09 May 2018, 06:49 IST 5 Former Associated Press photographer Russell McPhedran, whose balcony photo of a hooded terrorist at the 1972 Munich Olympics became one of the iconic images of the 20th century, has died after a heart-related illness. He was 82. McPhedran, who was inducted into the Australian Media Hall of Fame last November, worked at the Sydney bureau of the Associated Press from 1985 until his retirement in 2003. He was the longest-serving photo editor at the Sydney bureau of the AP.”Few photographers take a picture powerful enough to enter the permanent consciousness of a nation, let alone become instantly recognizable around the world. Russell McPhedran, or Russ as his mates call him, has a clutch of them,” friend and former colleague Michael Bowers said in writing a tribute for McPhedran ‘s Hall of Fame induction. The Glasgow, Scotland-born McPhedran arrived in Sydney with his parents in 1950 and became a copy boy for The Sun newspaper in Sydney. He later spent four years on Fleet Street in London, during which time the subjects of his photographs included The Beatles and Ronnie Biggs, who was better-known as the Great… Read full this story
- Award-winning reporter Josh Kovner dead at 61
- An Award-Winning Photographer Left Iran To Be Gay. Two Months After Finding Love, He Died Of Coronavirus.
- An Award-Winning Photographer Left Iran To Be Gay. Two Months After Finding Love He Died Of Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Update: New York Post Sports Photographer Anthony Causi Dies Of COVID-19
- Shirley Knight dies 83 as award-winning star's daughter shares tribute
- Shirley Knight Dies: Award-Winning ‘Sweet Bird Of Youth’ Actress Was 83
- Guelph local, Lee Diemer's costume design skills are now featured in the award winning production of Sworn.
- Carrie Underwood 'In Shock' Over CMA Awards Win for Female Vocalist of the Year
- Motorist who mowed down award-winning NHS doctor and 'loving father' spared jail
- Coronavirus Philadelphia: Award-Winning Muralist Bringing Safe Hugs To City During Pandemic
Award-winning former AP photographer Russell McPhedran dies have 337 words, post on www.newsday.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.