The team over at Freebird Games have recently announced that To the Moon, their story-driven game about doctors traversing time to fulfilling a dying man’s wish, is currently being adapted into a full-length animated feature film.
While more specificity is still to be announced in the coming future, we now know that first-tier Japanese animation production companies have confirmed their involvement. This project will come together as a collaboration between a Japanese studio handling the main production, and a Chinese studio providing the main funding.
For the lovers of contemporary Japanese animated films out there, you’ll likely be excited to hear that Beijing’s Ultron Event Horizon company, whose CEO, Danyang Zhao, was responsible for successfully bringing the acclaimed film Your Name to China, has been confirmed as a partner in this project. The budget for the production has been quoted as landing just above that of Your Name. The developer behind To the Moon, Kan Gao, will be on board with the production team to play a part in the script editing and advising process.
Gao assures that his team will be present throughout the production phase to ensure the adaptation has kept the original soul of To the Moon alive but also hopes the film will contain a unique mind of its own. With a mix of nerves and excitement, Gao has slight reservations regarding whether To the Moon can successfully transition into a new medium but maintains that the process has been developing smoothly in the two years of pre-production that have already passed.
Those who aren’t much taken by film and prefer games should fret not as Gao has clarified that he is still fully committed to creating narrative-driven games, and is currently working on the next Freebird project, on top of his involvement in this upcoming film.
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
Full-time Bloodborne PvP champion, slinger of spells, poet, author, UCLA graduate, and achievement hunting specialist.
- Vietnam Film Festival 2107 marks new changes to win audiences
- Belgium Embassy organizes film projections for unlucky children
- The best and worst films of 2009
- French cartoon film festival at L'espace to animate Ha Noi
- When love is a cat and mouse game
- Euro kid films to regale city audiences
- World famous robot films
- Film about Vietnamese women honored at Geneva Film Fest
- Father and Son to compete at Tallinn Black Nights film festival
- French cinema goers enjoy new Vietnamese films
- Bản in : Vietnam Int’l Film Festival opens
- 17th Vietnam Film Festival awards announced
- Vietnamese film to compete at Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
- Silent film The Artist crowned with Oscar gold
- Iran successful at Vietnam int’l sports film festival
- Hanoi hosts sports, tourism, film & TV festival
- Film adapted from online game opens
- Goethe Institute shows award-winning films in Hà Nội and HCM City
- Bản in : Foreign films dominate domestic cinemas
- Foreign films dominate domestic cinemas
Adventure Game To the Moon Is Being Adapted Into An Animated Feature Film have 487 words, post on techraptor.net at May 20, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.