BREBES, Indonesia: At least 11 people died in Indonesia when a truck carrying sugar smashed into several motorcycles and houses on Sunday (May 20), an official said.
|A truck in Indonesia had hit a car, 13 motorbikes and seven houses, leaving 11 people dead. (Photo: AFP)|
The truck was heading downhill in the district of Brebes in Central Java province on its way to the capital Jakarta when it failed to brake, according to the local disaster agency.
It tried to stop by swerving left but instead hit a car, 13 motorbikes and seven houses.
“So far eleven people died and 11 others are wounded,” said agency official Sarwa Permana, adding that the injured have been taken to hospital.
The fate of the driver is unclear.
Transport accidents are not uncommon in the archipelago nation, where buses, trains and even planes are often old and badly maintained.
In February, at least 27 people died and 16 others were injured when a bus carrying domestic tourists crashed in West Java province.
In July last year, 10 people including an Austrian tourist and a 12-year-old child died when a bus traveling from resort island Bali to the town of Malang in East Java hit the back of a fertilizer truck, killing the sleeping passengers.
- Selfie-Snappers In Russian Tunnel Almost Killed By Speeding Truck
- Fast And Furious Actor Paul Walker Killed In Accident
- Former 5-time ALMS and Le Mans-winning team owner Dave Maraj killed in accident
- This Texas House Is A Magnet For Car Accidentz
- Ram Truck Goes Bonkers After A Toyota Rammed It At Intersection
- Ex-NFL player Isiah Robertson was just killed in a car crash. This was his final speech.
- Duke’s Coach K offers support for his ‘good friend’ Jim Boeheim after fatal accident
- Indonesia Masters 2019: Saina Nehwal sets up final showdown with Carolina Marin
- Man sentenced to 25 years for 2016 chase that killed Bellaire police officer
- Semi-trailer truck fire causes massive delays on WB I-580