Education authorities in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang are expected to teach about 28,000 local students how to swim this summer vacation, which begins in late May.
The municipal Department of Education and Training on Thursday launched a campaign for safe swimming during summer break at the swimming pool of Le Quy Don High School in the central metropolis.
Many students present at the first session exhibited their swimming techniques and watched demonstrations on first-aid skills in rescuing victims of drowning.
The department has ordered local schools to encourage their students’ parents to provide the children with opportunities to swim in pools at hotels and sports facilities.
Officials hope more students are able to swim after the campaign.
The movement followed a number of cases where young children died from drowning, especially during summer break when they have no classes.
Drowning is the leading cause of unintentional injury deaths amongst Vietnamese under 19, with 3,500 drowning fatalities every year, according to 2017 statistics by the Ministry of Health.
- Season for Sharing: Horizons gives students better chance for success
- You should stay indoors due to record-breaking heat in Southern California, officials warn
- That bald eagle you spotted on I-80 this morning is safe (and a duck) now
- If you fill it, they will swim: Open city pools earlier in June
- New Jersey college students heading back to school, here's what's new on campus
- Summer is great outdoors in NYC parks like Governors Island, the High Line, Bronx Zoo
- Baton Rouge students juggle summer time management
- Smith College Employee Calls Police on Black Student Eating Lunch Because She ‘Seemed Out of Place’
- Goldfish Swim School to open in Brookfield
- A year after Charlottesville, students in this Seattle summer school urge everyone to unlearn racism
- You can hit the slopes this summer with zip lines, ninja courses, and human foosball
- Memphis Tigers coach Tubby Smith back home for opener in Maryland, where lessons learned still resonate
- Florida college student TeNiya Jones drowns while swimming in Israel
- Want to learn flying trapeze? The Philadelphia School of Circus Arts is offering lessons
- Florida education news: Air conditioning, reading lessons, security and more
- Lessons from the happiest place on Earth (not Disneyland)
- A College Student Accused A Powerful Man Of Rape. Then She Became A Suspect
- Suburban Shelby schools got millions meant for poor students. Here's how they spent it.
- Women build bonds, break barriers in outdoor program
- Former University of Minnesota student who admitted raping two women sentenced to six years in prison
Da Nang to offer swimming lessons to 28,000 students during summer break have 416 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.