A French-style building in the Chu Van An School. The FVH walking tour on April 20 will start at this school, which is one of Vietnam’s most beautiful schools (Photo: worldkings.org) Hanoi (VNA) – The Friends of Vietnam Heritage (FVH) will host a walking tour to discover the Ba Dinh area and the ‘French Colonial Quarter’ on April 20. This English-speaking walking tour gives an overview of the changes to Hanoi that started in the French period (1869-1954). The tour will touch on the development of the education system, town planning and architecture and other aspects of past and present Hanoi. Starting at Chu Van An School (established by the French and now one of the oldest high schools in Indochina), tourists will make their way to Hanoi’s iconic Ba Dinh Square and focus on a few of the Government buildings in the area, including the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam – formerly the Lycee Albert Sarrault High School, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then along Chua Mot Cot street and strolling the surrounding avenues passing former villas now home to embassies, the walk will take tourists to Dien Bien Phu street and Hoang Dieu street… Read full this story
- A drone helped archaeologists discover a lost Florida island settlement
- Fell walking, Cumbria: Howgill Fells – the quiet hills
- Simple Tips To Walk More To Lose Weight Without Even Trying!
- Safety regulations for Son Tra Peninsula visitors issued
- Spring book street opens in Hanoi
- Exhibition on Doan Ngo festival opens in Hanoi
- Tasting South Korean food right at the center of Hanoi
- Discovering Bau Ca Cai mangrove forest
- Korean festival to charm Hanoi this weekend
- Taxi driver, transportation firm overcharging foreign visitor fined US$633.8
Walking tour helps visitors discover Hanoi have 298 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 19, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.