The decision was made under a resolution approved by the UNESCO Executive Board during its 204th session held in Paris, France on April 12th (local time).
Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Le Hoai Trung said the global geopark title is UNESCO’s recognition of the diverse landscapes and spiritual cultural values of the Non Nuoc Cao Bang area. It will also help the province to boost its sustainable socio-economic development and improve local living standards.
During the dossier verification process, Ambassador Tran Thi Hoang Mai, head of Vietnam’s Permanent Delegation to UNESCO, said that UNESCO experts highly regarded the values of the Non Nuoc Cao Bang Geopark.
The UNESCO global geoparks title is awarded to single, unified geographical areas where sites and landscapes of international geological significance are rich in scientific, educational, aesthetic, archaeological, historical, social, and cultural values as well as biological diversity.
The areas are managed with a holistic concept of protection and sustainable development, while having significant impacts on the local communities’ sustainable socio-economic development.
Non Nuoc Cao Bang was established in 2015. Since then, the local authorities, departments, sectors, and community worked closely with the Vietnam National Commission for UNESCO and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment to compile and submit a dossier to UNESCO in November 2016 as they sought its recognition.
Concurrently, the local authorities have drafted plans and taken actions to protect the environment, natural resources, and biological diversity as well as the cultural and historical value of the site, while promoting tourism in a sustainable manner./.CPV/NDO
- Developing a green bond market is crucial to Vietnam's sustainable development efforts
- Vietnam province requires harvesters to test negative for COVID-19
- Vietnam’s U22 football team to gather in August
- Localities, firms facilitated to access global COVID-19 vaccine supplies
- Vietnam steps up implementation of reproductive healthcare programmes
- Article 88 of the Penal Code goes in line with international laws and Vietnam’s reality
- The 21-year journey of the US$230 billion stock exchange
- International publication of Vietnamese papers rises sharply
- Heavy snow has brought optimism to Australia's ski resorts, but danger lurks beyond the boundaries
- Three Vietnamese projects earn awards at 'Social Business Creation 2021' contest
- Hanoi to issue food stamps for limited weekly shopping
- Hanoi leader orders maintaining collective strength to combat COVID-19
- 248 workers following ‘three-on-the-spot’ implementation infected with coronavirus at Vietnamese company
- Olympic host Tokyo's COVID-19 daily cases rise to 3,177, second straight record
- Hà Nội begins mass COVID-19 vaccination, aiming to cover 5.1 million residents by April
- Binh Duong strives to increase local content of products
- Seoul refocuses on roads, railway projects with Pyongyang
- ITV “Emerging From Worst Effects Of The Pandemic” As Revenue Rises $516M
- On Biden's foreign policy: Columnist and author Max Boot - "Intelligence Matters"
- Assam government decides to provide tea garden labourers employment under MGNREGA
Vietnam’s Cao Bang park declared UNESCO global geopark have 489 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.