PM Phuc thanked PM Thongloun Sisoulith and Lao delegation for contributing to the success of the sixth Greater Mekong Sub-region Summit (GMS 6) and the tenth Cambodia – Laos – Vietnam Development Triangle Summit (CLV 10) held in Hanoi last week.
He suggested that in accordance with the high-level agreement between the two Politburos, the two countries will work closely together at all levels, at bilateral and multilateral mechanisms to promote the effective and sustainable use and management of Mekong River water resources, harmoniously ensuring interests of nations along the river for the sustainable development of the two countries and the region.
Phuc asked the Lao PM to facilitate Vietnamese investment in Laos, direct the implementation of the bilateral labour cooperation agreement, speed up the simplification of administrative procedures, reduce fees of labour permits, visas and residence cards for Vietnamese workers in the country.
He wished that the Lao government would offer optimal support to Vietnamese to acquire Lao citizenship and establish the Association of Overseas Vietnamese in several Lao provinces.
Both sides agreed to actively realise agreements reached during leaders’ visits and the outcomes of the 40th meeting of the Vietnam – Laos Inter-Governmental Committee, improve the efficiency of bilateral cooperation in 2018 and accelerate the implementation of the Vietnam – Laos cooperation agreement for 2016-2020.
They vowed to uphold the success of the Vietnam – Laos Year of Friendship and Solidarity 2017, and actively educate the two countries’ young generations about Vietnam – Laos special solidarity.
On the occasion of the upcoming Lao traditional New Year festival Bun Pi May, the Vietnamese PM conveyed New Year wishes to Lao leaders and wished that Lao would keep thriving.-VNA
- Symposium talks Vietnamese Buddhism in Laos
- Deputy PM meets his Lao counterpart, NA Chairwoman
- Requiem for Vietnamese martyrs in Laos
- PM Modi meets Mauritian counterpart Jugnauth, assures India's support for stable and secure Mauritius
- India, Japan trade ministers discuss review of CEPA ahead of PMs meet
- PM meets Arun Shourie at Pune hospital
- PM meets ex-Union minister Arun Shourie at Pune hospital
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh meets with Lao top leaders
- VN, Cambodia, Laos enhance drug control co-operation
- Deputy PM Binh meets with Laos’ senior leaders