A Vietnamese model became the first of his countrymen to star in a prestigious Italian fashion show in New York City early this month. Fuji Nguyen, 22, was the first Vietnamese national to ever grace the stage of the 2018 Alta Sartoria fashion show by Italian brand Dolce & Gabbana. Nguyen was one of two Asian models to feature at the event, alongside 70 others from around the world. He was born in Vietnam to entrepreneur parents and moved to the United States with his family when he was in secondary school. He said he became interested in modeling while he was still in elementary school, inspired by fashion shows on TV. “My parents didn’t support me because they were worried I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptations or withstand the hardships of this career,” Nguyen said. In 2015, Nguyen got his big break in the fashion world after being signed by several modeling agencies in NYC. From 2016 onwards, he starred in the New York Fashion Week and catwalked for several fashion brands such as Landlord, Ovadia And Sons, Rochambeau, Pyer Moss and Kenneth King. During his time working for the New York-based boutique model agency Fusion Models… Read full this story
- Tommy Hilfiger scores touchdown with football-themed show at New York fashion week
- Stompy boots and hat hair are in, necks are out – eight things we learned from New York fashion week
- Oscar de la Renta's joie de vivre lives on at New York fashion week
- How Would New York City Respond to the Coronavirus?
- Eugene Hernandez named director of New York Film Festival
- Cuomo says Trump is punishing New York for being too blue
- New York’s Cuomo wants $40 million to respond to new virus
- New York faces Washington, seeks to halt 3-game slide
- 4 Events Worth Checking Out In New York City This Weekend
- Ex-New York Gov. Paterson set to wed this weekend
Vietnamese model first to represent country at top fashion show in New York have 327 words, post on ven.vn at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.