This year, 30 Cuban businesses will participate in the event, the most during the country’s decade-long presence at Vietnam Expo. The firms operate in diverse areas, including electronic mechanics, metals, renewable energy, agriculture, biological, pesticide, irrigation, pharmaceuticals, and health care.
According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnam is among the top 10 trade partners of Cuba, and the second most important Asian partner of the Caribbean country.
Vietnam’s most popular product in Cuba include farm produce, garment, consumer goods and telecommunication products, while Cuba’s strengths include education, health care and construction.
Last year, trade revenue between Vietnam and Cuba reached USD224.3 million, with Vietnam’s exports valued at USD217 million and imports USD7.3 million. The two sides are striving for the target of USD500 million in trade in 2022.
Cuba is the gateway for Vietnam to access the Latin American market, while Vietnam offers the path for Cuban firms to approach Asian countries.
Cuba is now a promising market for Vietnamese firms in tourism, agriculture, telecommunications, consumer goods, footwear and garment-textile.
During the recent visit to Cuba of Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, Vietnam’s Viglacera Corporation received a licence to develop an industrial park in Cuba’s Mariel Special Economic Management Zone.
In recent years, Cuban businesses have become more active in Vietnam thanks to dynamic and open foreign policies of Vietnam./.
- Best and Stockdale back to give Ulster a boost
- Europe gives us chance to prove critics wrong, says McFarland
- Knicks player thinks team has ‘good chance’ of landing LeBron James
- Matt Nagy: 'There's still a good chance' Roquan Smith plays Week 1
- G-Mac gives himself chance of sealing Open spot
- Vietnam Open 2018: Ajay Jayaram enters final, Mithun Manjunath goes down fighting
- Vietnam Open 2018: Ajay Jayaram, Siril Verma and Rituparna Das advance
- Vietnam Open 2018: Ajay Jayaram upsets top seed, Rituparna Das knocks out sixth seed
- Heath Streak confident that Kolkata Knight Riders have a good chance in home ground
- Virat Kohli can be rested in second Test to give Mayank chance, says Murali Kartik