Hanoi (VNA) – Ambassador Nguyen Phuong Nga, Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the United Nations, attended the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)’s senior officials’ meeting on April 3-4 in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.
The meeting aims to prepare for the 18th NAM Ministerial Meeting on April 5-6.
Addressing the event, a representative from Venezuela, the current NAM President, called for stronger solidarity among member countries to promote the role of the movement in building a world with equality and democracy, with the interest of developing countries ensured.
The officials discussed contents of a draft document to submit to the NAM Ministerial Meeting, focusing on the implementation of major agendas of the UN, security issues, disarmament, international law, peaceful settlement of disputes, peacekeeping and UN reform.
Established in 1961, NAM now has 120 members from the Asia, Latin America and Caribbean regions, accounting for 60 percent of the UN members.-VNA
- Danniella Westbrook is attending FOUR Narcotics Anonymous meetings a day as she tries to overcome latest cocaine relapse
- Prairie Heights holding non-public school meeting
- Russian-American lobbyist confirms attending Donald Trump Jr. meeting
- Only eight foreign leaders confirm attendance at lavish Venezuela summit
- Indian and Pakistani Leaders Meet in Russia
- AOFAS Presents Awards at Annual Meeting in Chicago
- First Light Camera Club resumes meetings for 2019-2020 season
- Ukraine contact group to meet, restart peace talks
- DeKalb Eastern plans special needs meeting
- City leaders' private meeting raises flags