The ceremony, paying tribute to the ancestors who defeated foreign invaders in the two famous Battles of Bach Dang in 938 and 1288, included two parts: rituals and festive activities.
|At the ceremony. Photo: nhandan.com.vn|
In the ritual ceremony, a procession of the statue of Tran Hung Dao, a military commander under the Tran Dynasty who defeated the Mongol naval fleet on the Bach Dang River in 1288 took place from the temple dedicated to Tran Hung Dao to the communal house named Yen Giang and vice versa.
The festive activities varied from the art program themed “Bach Dang River – A National Epic,” a Bach Dang traditional boat race and an awarding ceremony for the finalists of the contest on the tradition of Bach Dang held in Quang Yen.
The celebration was not only to review the historical tradition of the country, to evoke high sense of national pride, patriotism, among younger generations, but also to partly popularize the values of the Bach Dang special national historical relic site to both domestic and international visitors.
Translated by Tan Phat
- Various activities held across China to celebrate Spring Festival
- Investment cost, toll collection time for Bach Dang bridge project slashed
- Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday to be marked with various activities
- HCM City holds various activities for children on Mid-Autumn festival
- Bolivian president celebrates fourth term victory in general elections
- Special Red Envelop show to be held celebrating Year of Pig in New York
- 'We Did it Pappa': Riteish Deshmukh Celebrates Brothers’ Election Victory From Maharashtra’s Latur
- Celebrities enter the Big Brother house
- Celebrity daily edit: Mike Tindall tells HELLO! about how Mia is finding her new role - video
- Celebrity daily edit: Princess Mette-Marit holidays with sister-in-law - video