US President Donald Trump hosts Japan’s Shinzo Abe at his Mar-a-Lago resort Tuesday (Apr 17), with both men under pressure to deliver something more than bonhomie and birdies. President Donald Trump gestures as he speaks with Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe last year upon his arrival for a luncheon in Japan. (Photo: AFP/Jim WATSON) The Japanese prime minister will make his second visit to Trump’s ostentatious Palm Beach, Florida estate, when the focus will be on trade and security. Last year, Trump and Abe traded fist bumps and high fives as they snuck in a round of golf in Palm Beach and a return leg near Tokyo, tucking into burgers with ketchup for good measure. “Obviously, the President has got a great relationship there,” said White House press secretary Sarah Sanders looking forward to meetings this Tuesday and Wednesday. But with Abe’s approval rating languishing at its lowest level in years and Trump mired in controversies and crises too numerous to list, both are under pressure. “Long-distance relationships are complicated, and the stakes of their second rendezvous at Mar-a-Lago this week are high,” said Mireya Solis of the Brooking Institution. Trump’s decision to hold an improbable summit with North Korea’s… Read full this story
- How Does Trump Deal With North Korea When He Can’t Trust South Korea?
- ‘He’s Trying To Grab Trump’s Attention’: North Korea Test Fires ‘Projectiles’ Into The Sea
- GOP Primary Challenger to Trump Accuses Republican Party of Taking 'Cues from North Korea'
- North Korea cyberattacks generate $2 billion for weapons program
- Trump-Kim summit: Stakes are high for US to show progress on North Korea
- North Korea test-fires missiles after joint military drills end
- US military considers shooting down North Korea missile tests, sources say
- 'It seems like the president is deflating expectations' ahead of North Korea summit: Former US Ambassador to the UN Bill Richardson
- North Korea Says It May Give Up Nuclear Weapons If U.S. Abandons Them First
- Why China Isn't Doing More to Stop North Korea
Trump hosts Abe with North Korea, trade on the agenda have 352 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.