- President Donald Trump speaks following a meeting on infrastructure at Trump Tower, August 15, 2017 in New York City.
- Drew Angerer/Getty Images
- President Donald Trump slammed the FBI’s raid on the offices of his longtime personal attorney, Michael Cohen.
- He called the latest development a “witch hunt,” and “an attack on our country.”
President Donald Trump slammed the FBI’s raid on the offices of his longtime personal attorney, Michael Cohen, and called the incident “a disgraceful situation.”
“I have this witch hunt constantly going on,” Trump said during a military leadership meeting, according to a press pool report. “It’s an attack on on our country … what we all stand for.”
Trump also labeled special counsel Robert Mueller’s team as “the most conflicted group of people I have ever seen.”
Trump also reportedly criticized Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who recused himself from the Mueller’s investigation.
Armed with a search warrant, the FBI raided Cohen’s Manhattan office after a tip from the special counsel, according to The New York Times. The agency reportedly gather records on various topics, such as the $130,000 non-disclosure payment to porn-star Stormy Daniels prior to the 2016 US presidential election.
Cohen is under investigation for possible bank fraud and violations of election law, according to a later report from The Washington Post.
The Times wrote that the raid did not appear to be directly connected to Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, but that the information he provided was likely uncovered as part of his investigation.
Allan Smith contributed reporting.
- Report: FBI Raids Office Of Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen
- Rosenstein Defends Justice Department, FBI From Trump’s ‘Criminal Deep State’ Attack
- Donald Trump's call with the Ukrainian President is far from the 'perfect' scenario he said it was
- 'Total Witch Hunt': Trump Vents Fury at FBI Raid of His Attorney Michael Cohen's Office
- Donald Trump: No plans to fire Russia meddling probe chief Robert Mueller
- Is Donald Trump Turning on Michael Cohen? The President's Attorney Seems to Think So
- No, Rudy: Trump Isn’t Othello. He’s Iago.
- 'This isn't a trial - it's a COVER-UP!' Chuck Schumer rages against Mitch McConnell's rules for Donald Trump's impeachment trial as a 'national disgrace'
- Democrats and Donald Trump will each get just 24 hours over TWO DAYS to make their case at impeachment trial, under Republican plan - and senators will debate rules behind closed doors tomorrow
- Roger Stone, Trump’s Confidant for Decades, Is Indicted by Mueller
- Donald Trump goes on trial TODAY: Senators to open bitter partisan warfare on the rules as only the third president ever is tried - with Democrats slamming a 'cover-up' and poll showing 51% want him removed from office
- “Do Us a Favor”: The Forty-eight Hours That Sealed Trump’s Impeachment
- Rudy Giuliani aide Lev Parnas claims Donald Trump knew Ukrainian investigation into Bidens was politically motivated
- Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart — Or His Handler?
- The Untold Story of How Trump’s Fixers Silenced Stormy Daniels Just Days Before the 2016 Election
- Trump Attorney Rudy Giuliani Says Robert Mueller Is Using 'Un-American' Tactics and Should 'Put Up or Shut Up'
- There Was No Russia Conspiracy. But Trump Is More Dangerous Than Ever.
- Donald Trump fears 'perjury trap' in Russia probe
- The Supreme Court Will Make Trump Talk to Mueller If It Has To
- William Barr Needs Trump Just as Much as Trump Needs Him
TRUMP FUMES AT MUELLER AFTER COHEN RAID: ‘It’s an attack on our country’ have 556 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.