Jesper Pedersen from Karmøy was cherishing Norway’s first gold medal at the Paralympics in South Korea, part of a new medals rush following the Winter Olympics last month. Pedersen’s victory in the men’s giant slalom sitting came after he’d already won the World Cup in his sport.
Jesper Saltvik Pedersen, an 18-year-old skier from Karmøy, liked the taste of gold at the Paralympics in South Korea. PHOTO: Idrettsforbund
“I don’t think I’ve realized this yet, it’s so great,” Pedersen said after winning his second medal at the Paralympics. He won bronze in the Super Combination on Tuesday.
The 18-year-old was born with a spinal condition that left him lame from the waist down. He’s been active in sports all along, though, and looked forward to the slalom event where he’s also a medal candidate.
Norway’s team at the Paralympis had a goal of winning seven medals but had just two after four days of competition. Then came Super Wednesday, when not only Pedersen won gold but Vilde Nilsen won silver in the cross-country sprint and Eirik Bye with his guide Arvid Nelson won bronze in the sprint for men with vision impairments.
The entire team was celebrating. “The Norwegian troop is very close,” Pedersen said. “We have a meeting room in our building and it’s a good gang. We like to follow each other’s progress.”
The full day of competition in spring-like temperatures added to the medals won by Pedersen and Håkon Grønsveen Ulsrud the day before. Ulsrud claimed bronze in the 20-kilometer cross country race.
- Bourne wins gold for its graveyard
- The Downtown San Francisco Marriott Hotel Wins Gold Key Award for 2005
- Turkey's Kayaalp wins gold in World Wrestling Championships
- Azerbaijan wins gold medals at Karate-1 Premier League
- Brilliant Johnson-Thompson wins gold for Great Britain in Doha
- Luton school wins gold award from the Woodland Trust
- Seonaid McIntosh wins gold at European Shooting Championships
- Azerbaijani athlete wins gold medal at World Cup in Russia
- Fouaad Mirza wins gold at Olympic qualifying event
- Henley wins gold at Bloom awards
- Prague airport wins gold medal for best honey
- Go Jonnie Go! Sprinter Peacock storms to 100m gold at the Rio Paralympics as Team GB win an amazing SIX events on a glorious night - and there’s a silver for powerlifter with no legs who doctors offered to kill at birth
- Laura Trott makes British Olympic history with fourth gold medal in Omnium
- Simone Biles ties record for most world gymnastics championship medals with vault gold
- Dina Asher-Smith wins World Championships 100m silver
- Turkish athletes bag medals in Paralympic sports
- US bag three more golds as Worlds draw to close
- Johnson-Thompson becomes eighth British woman to win world title
- Cheptegei's gold medal at athletics worlds brings Uganda huge inspiration
- GMIT bought 'gold' package to bank square on Monopoly board
Pedersen wins gold at Paralympics have 470 words, post on www.newsinenglish.no at April 3, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.