A feast of various regional dishes will be available at the Mon Asian Food Festival in Hanoi and Ha Long city this month.
Sponsored by Vietnamese construction and real estate group HD Mon Holdings, the festival will take place from April 20 to 22 at Mon City My Dinh, 2 Le Duc Tho Street in Hanoi’s Tu Liem district, and from April 27 to 29 at Square 30/10 on Tran Quoc Nghien Street in Ha Long city, northern Quang Ninh province.
In response to the National Tourism Year 2018, themed “Ha Long – Heritage, Wonder, Friendly Destination”, the event aims to promote Vietnam’s tourism and the essence and diversity of the culinary and cultural characteristics of Asian countries.
It will feature more than 100 food stalls, including 70 from Vietnam and 30 from Myanmar, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Cambodia, and Laos.
Ingredients for dishes will be sourced from the Fivimart supermarket chain to ensure food safety, with the stall staff required to obtain a health certificate three months prior to taking part, according to the Organizing Board.
There will be cooking and bartender performances from outstanding chefs and bartenders in Vietnam and regional countries, including the participation of one of the world’s top chefs, Martin Yan, famous for his “Yan Can Cook” show. Food critics and restaurateurs will speak about traditions, news, and trends in the culinary worlds of the countries involved. Cooking classes are also available.
There will also be music and artistic performances by Vietnamese and international artists, in particular stars of the EDM stage such as DJ Markus Schulz (Germany), DJ Axys Touma (Japan), and DJ Benz (Thailand).
Those who love adventure can take a hot air balloon trip to have an amazing view over the festival from the sky. Moreover, as one of the event’s purposes is raising awareness and funds for charities helping Agent Orange and dioxin victims, a charity run will be organized along the 3-km coastal road in Ha Long city. Those who finish the run will receive a VIP slot at the EDM music party.
With free entry, visitors to the festival will use coupons instead of cash.
- Food festival serves up Chengdu's finest
- Employees of UST Global raise funds for a cause via food festival, ‘Yummy Aid’
- New York City Wine And Food Festival Kicks Off Thursday
- Favorite Berkeley Spots For Inexpensive Southeast Asian Food
- Quang Ninh aims to promote green growth in Ha Long Bay
- JICA’s green growth project in Ha Long Bay bears fruit
- Delegates from OANA members visit Ha Long Bay
- Quang Ninh begins construction of Ha Long-Cam Pha coastal road
- Say it quietly: Hanoi has at least five noiseless cafés
- Toronto Film Festival 2018: ‘Roma,’ ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Get Personal