Malta experienced an increase in housing prices by 4.1 per cent in the last quarter of 2017 when compared with the same period in 2016, Eurostat figures has found.
The EU’s statistical arm gathered data within EU member states on housing prices at the fourth quarter of 2017 and compared them with the previous year.
House prices, as measured by the House Price Index, rose by 4.2 per cent in the euro area and by 4.5 per cent in the EU in the fourth quarter of 2017 compared with the same quarter of the previous year.
Compared with the third quarter of 2017, house prices rose by 0.9 per cent in the euro area and by 0.7 per cent in the EU in the fourth quarter of 2017.
Among the Member States for which data are available, the highest annual increases in house prices in the fourth quarter of 2017 were recorded in Ireland (+11.8 per cent), Portugal (+10.5 per cent) and Slovenia (+10.0 per cent), while prices fell in Italy (-0.3 per cent).
Compared with the previous quarter, the highest increases were recorded in Slovenia (+3.7 per cent), Croatia (+3.2 per cent) and Cyprus (+2.7 per cent), while decreases were observed in Sweden (-2.8 per cent), Denmark (-1.7 per cent), Belgium (-0.4 per cent) and Finland (-0.3 per cent).
- UK house prices fell in January for the first time in five months
- UK house prices fall for third month in a row for first time since financial crisis
- Despite RBI Rate Cuts, Housing Prices Seen Rising 1% This Year: Poll
- London house prices fall at fastest rate in 10 years
- House prices UK: Sellers ‘holding back’ amid Brexit - but buyers still 'serious'
- Yes, house prices are falling: but they probably won’t fall quickly
- Pune: Rain hits veggie supplies, prices increase
- AMD misses on fourth-quarter earnings
- 'Are you going to use the 'r' word?' Expert admits to David Koch that a toxic mix of falling house prices and mining downturn could soon see Australia in RECESSION
- Google revenue hits $14.42B in fourth quarter, up 36 percent
- IBM tops expectations for fourth quarter
- Intel, AMD comfy during fourth quarter
- PC shipments slump in 2011 fourth quarter
- TD Ameritrade fourth-quarter profit up 21% before cutting commissions
- Samsung Electronics forecasts fourth-quarter profit at over three-year high
- HP's fourth-quarter profits surge
- Snap disappoints with fourth-quarter revenue guidance, sending shares down
- General Dynamics profit rises but headwinds for jets in fourth-quarter send shares lower
- Amazon Expects Terrific Fourth Quarter
- Gartner cuts fourth-quarter PC forecast
Malta housing prices increase 4.1% between fourth quarter of 2016, 2017 have 381 words, post on www.independent.com.mt at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.