It would be his 8th visit to that country`s most backward region . Jokowi is expected to inspect traditional markets and infrastructure projects in the regency of Asmat and Sorong in West Papua.
Home Affairs Minister Tjahyo Kumolo said here on Tuesday the president`s frequent visit to Papua indicates his great attention to the condition of the country`s easternmost regions.
Jokowi wanted Papua and West Papua to catch up with other regions through acceleration of infrastructure and social development, Tjahyo Kumolo, said after installing Papua`s acting governor Soedarmo here on Tuesday.
President Jokowi wants to bring to reality the Nawacita (nine-point development program) through development of infrastructure and social economy in Papua and West Papua.
Max Olua, a Papua youth leader, said Papua youths highly appreciate Jokowi`s frequent visit to Papua showing his serious attention to the welfare of the region.
“We highly appreciate this as of all presidents of the country President Jokowi had shown the greatest attention to Papua placing the region as important part of NKRI,” Max said.
- Hai Phong orders police probe into gangsters' land theft
- Pope Francis lands in Japan for the first papal visit in decades
- Obaseki urges spiritual rebirth, as 20 Christian pilgrims depart for Holy Land
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land physician named to U.S. Soccer’s Olympic team medical staff
- 'I will eventually get killed': Meet Bryan Kramer, Papua New Guinea's anti-corruption tsar
- Papua New Guinea's new PM to 'review' gas deals
- Just in: Indonesia blocks internet in Papua
- Seventeen shot dead in mass jail break in Papua New Guinea
- At least 15 women and children killed in tribal massacre in Papua New Guinea
- HDFC Life launches video life certificate facility for pensioners