|Film director Luong Dinh Dung at the event|
The announcement was made on April 27 by Oliver Stone, a director famous for his three Oscar wins and the head of the jury panel of the 36th FIFF.
Earlier, ‘Father and Son’ outperformed a number of films from all over the world to gain a place on the shortlist of 15 films from 13 nations and won the two prestigious prizes, the Best Director Award and Best Asian Film Award.
At the awards ceremony, Ahmet, a member of the jury panel said the Vietnamese film persuaded five members of jury board to award the highest scores due to its creativity and simplicity in story-telling.
‘Father and Son’ by Luong Dinh Dung has been officially selected to compete in the EASTERN VISTA category along with 13 nations of Japan, China, India, Georgia, Russia, Iran, and Azerbaijan.
Dung said he was worried about his film before the award ceremony as there have been many films winning high prizes at Tokyo International Film Festival. To date, ‘Father and Son’ has won 16 prizes at domestic and international film festivals and has been screened in 8 US states and ten other nations, including Canada, Italy, Thailand, Estonia, India, and Uruguay.
After the awards ceremony, director Dung flew back to Vietnam to continue work on his two film projects namely ‘578’ and ‘Drowsy City’. He expressed hope that his works will touch the hearts of audiences and introduce the beauty of Vietnam and its people to international friends.
- Boyhood wins best director and best film awards at Golden Globe Awards
- MLB: The ultimate father-son baseball game
- 13 great father-son combos in sports
- FSU father-son duo first in ACC to reach 1,000-point club
- Sens’ Condon gets ‘special’ shutout during father-son trip (Feb 16, 2017)
- Inside the Bills: Father-son, coach-player bond strong between Ricky and Austin Proehl
- Father-son combo helps Hoosiers win on recruiting trail
- Falcons WR Andre Roberts wins Salute to Service Award
- Seth Jones is following his father’s path — on ice, not the basketball court
- Jane Fonda: five best moments
- A must-see golf film? Yep, here’s why Tommy’s Honour checks all the boxes
- Alia Bhatt will have to battle out these Asian women to win the 2019 People's choice award
- Son Heung-min becomes first player from Asia to win Premier League Player of the Month
- MLB Father’s Day: Boone family tradition continues
- Beermen’s PH Cup win relives SMC’s years of rich tradition in sports
- Meet Northwestern's Charlie Hall, the basketball-playing son of Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Pac-12 School Style and Attitude Awards – Media Day
- World Para Athletics Grand Prix: Deepa Malik seals Asian top spot in discus throw
- 27 totally unnecessary MLB awards after two months
- Red Sox rally for 5-4 win over Reds, extend AL East lead (Sep 22, 2017)
‘Father and Son’ wins Best Asian Film Award at FIFF have 473 words, post on english.vov.vn at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.