DTiNews readers have donated a total VND285.5 million (USD12,954) for a poor ethnic minority girl in Ha Giang Province who is struggling with retinoblastoma.
Two-year-old Long Thi Tuyet is from La Chi ethnic minority group in Hoang Su Phi District. Not long ago, her left eye suddenly became swollen and painful so her neighbours donated some money to help bring her to hospital in Hanoi.
The little girl’s parents receive the donation
Dr Pham Minh Chau from the National Hospital of Ophthalmology said her eyes nearly popped out of the socket when she was admitted to hospital. She has cancer in both eyes and it’s more severe on the left. If the tumour spreads, her life will be in danger.
However, her family is so poor for the treatment, so her parents intended to take her home.
After an article about her condition was published on Dantri/DTiNews, many readers joined hands to assist her.
Her father Long Van Phat received VND210.5 million out of the total donation, while he gave the remaining VND75 million to the newspaper’s Compassionate Hearts Fund to help several other poor children who are staying the National Hospital of Ophthalmology for the treatment.
- Dantri/DTiNews support orphans in Thanh Hoa
- Dad's heartbreaking words as girl loses cancer battle 6 years after mum's death
- Little girl helps homeless man who had been kicked in the face
- Chilling CCTV shows man hand-in-hand with little girl after child ‘abducted’ from Brighton shopping centre
- Mum says little girl captured Snapchat of granddad speaking to her beyond grave
- Little girl’s questionable makeover
- Ellie-May death trial: Guilty mum posted 'tribute' pictures of little girl online
- 'She was a loving little girl'
- Made In Chelsea stars support Stand Up To Cancer
- Should we stop telling little girls they're amazing?