HCM City (VNA) – Fashion designer Nguyen Cong Tri will present his latest collection at the four-day Vietnam International Fashion Spring-Summer Week 2018 (VIFWS 2018) in Ho Chi Minh City on April 19.
Tri, a graduate of the HCM City University of Architecture’s industrial arts faculty, is a member of the Asian Couture Federation (ACF). He participated in Tokyo Fashion Week 2016 and 2017.
He has also taken part in leading fashion events at home and abroad, including Vietnam Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, Origin Passion and Belief Fair in Vicenza, Italy.
He has also performed as a judge in Vietnamese versions of international TV reality shows like Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance.
His shops have about 60 designs, mostly elegant and eye-catching pieces in high-quality silk, cotton and wool, as well as accessories. He designs a new collection every season.
Tri has a staff of more than 50, including sellers and seamstresses who work for his two shops in districts 1 and 3.
At the four-day event VIFWS 2018, Trí will join 30 other foreign and Vietnamese fashion designers and brandname labels.
Featured designers include Ha Linh Thu of Hanoi, Phương My of HCM City, Amis Ananda of Singapore, Idan Laros, Hili Ari and Dana Cohen of Israel, and Weill of France. Maison Gattinoni, a luxury fashion brand from Italy, will also be featured.
The VIFWS 2018 will include more than 100 items to be worn by dozens of fashion models from Hanoi and HCM City.
New collections by Vietnamese brandnames such as Phoenix-V and CANIFA will also be highlighted.
Organised by Multimedia JSC, a leading agency for modeling and TV reality show production, the event this year is expected to help develop the local industry. Forums and talks on fashion and design will also be held.
The event is expected to attract 30,000 visitors.-VNA
- Prada headlines Milan's first Digital Fashion Week
- Contest to find influencers in fashion, hair, beauty industry
- VN famous fashion designer introduces eye-catching collection
- Dolce&Gabbana preserve the live fashion show during pandemic
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 18
- Sushma Nair: ‘I started off with costume designing’
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 14
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 10
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 11
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 9
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 25
- Fashion rivals continuing to suffer in coronavirus fallout
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 16
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 17
- OECMs promise a new conservation opportunity for Vietnam
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 26
- Bo nhung dam, a must-try dish in Hanoi
- Diary opens door into world of Nixon and Kissinger
Designer Nguyen Cong Tri to open Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week have 437 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.