Duong Thanh Binh, Director of the hospital, said Cuban experts will join doctors at the hospital in providing health check-ups and treatment.
A group of interpreters has been set up to facilitate the collaboration and technical transfer, Binh added.
The Vietnam – Cuba Dong Hoi Friendship Hospital was established with Cuban funding on September 9, 1981as a symbol of the two countries’ solidarity. The general medical facility accommodates 900 beds, serving patients in provinces from Ha Tinh to Quang Tri in the central region.
- Cuban doctors improve health service quality in Vietnam
- US Air Force provides humanitarian aid in Quang Binh
- VND5 billion to help Quang Binh overcome flood consequences
- Vietnamese President Quang dies aged 61 after 'serious illness'
- A humerus reunion: American doctor returns Vietnamese veteran’s arm
- US military doctors assist Quang Binh residents
- Malaysia aids Vietnamese fishermen after pirate attack
- PM hails Quang Binh’s commune for new rural development efforts
- Dengue fever cases spike, Vietnamese Health Ministry amends guidelines for diagnosis and treatment