Le Van Tam, Vice Chairman of the Can Tho city People’s Committee, presents gifts to Vincent Floreani, French General Consul to Ho Chi Minh city. (Photo: baocantho.com.vn)Addressing the meeting, Le Van Tam, Vice Chairman of the city People’s Committee, said that over the past 45 years, the friendly and cooperative relationship between Vietnam and France had been expanded and increased in diverse areas, including economics, culture, education and training, science and technology. “The Government of Vietnam attaches great importance to developing the cooperative relationship with France, a priority partner of Vietnam in Europe,” he said. Over the past years, Can Tho city has increased teaching of the French language at schools, students’ skills, tourism and trade subjects in relationship with French businesses. It is now home of five French projects which are capitalised at some USD5.3 million. According to Vincent Floreani, French General Consul to Ho Chi Minh city, the meeting, which was of great significance, was among activities to promote the unique characteristics of the French culture, contributing to increasing the solidarity, friendship and mutual understanding between Vietnamese and French people. “It is also a chance for the two peoples to conduct cultural and economic exchanges,” he said. He… Read full this story
- April in Vietnam is big!
- Vietnam’s Cultural Heritage Day celebrated
- Vietnam Fatherland Front’s traditional day marked nationwide
- “Pride of Vietnam’s sea and islands”
- Vietnam Heritage Photo Awards’ contest launched
- New technology ups rice value in Can Tho
- Vietnam’s Mekong Delta emerges as new destination for giant retailers
- Vietnam asks for RoK’s help in IT personnel training
- ‘Vietnam Heritage Photo Awards’ contest launched
- Dutch culture introduced at festival in Can Tho
Can Tho city marks Vietnam have 304 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.