WORCESTER City Council will promote the Faithful City at a prestigious tourism and travel show being held later this month.
Representatives from the authority will be exhibiting at the British Tourism and Travel Show, joined by Worcester Re-enactors to help showcase the city’s significant role in the Civil War as well as staff from Worcester Cathedral, the Worcester Tourist Information Centre and Worcester Museum and Art Gallery.
It will be the first time the authority has exhibited at the NEC show, considered one of the UK’s largest annual event for the tourism industry, which is being held on March 21 and 22.
The show features more than 250 leading visitor attractions, venues, destinations, hotels and transport providers, and annually attracts more than 2,600 people including some of the UK and Ireland’s biggest domestic tour operators, coach operators, travel organisers and agents.
Councillor Lucy Hodgson, chairman of the place and economic development sub committee at Worcester City Council, said: “We’re attending to showcase the impressive range of attractions which Worcester can offer to tourists.
“Boosting our local economy by encouraging more people to visit Worcester is real priority for the city council.”
Helen Mole, economic development officer at Worcester City Council, added: “Our team will be meeting lots of domestic travel industry professionals including tour operators, group travel organisers, travel agents and coach companies.
“They’ll be able to answer questions about the city, promote attractions and encourage people to add Worcester to their itineraries as part of their tours of the UK.”
The exhibition ties in with Worcester City Council taking over the running of the Tourist Information Centre, when the existing contract with the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce expires on March 31.
- Charleston Tourism Is Built on Southern Charm. Locals Say It’s Time to Change.
- No More Cannabis Tourism In Amsterdam Post-Coronavirus
- This California City Rejected Marijuana. Now Cannabis Is An Official Tourism Draw.
- The End Of Barcelona’s Cannabis Tourism? Court Overturns Regulations On ‘Clubes Cannábicos’
- Amsterdam After Coronavirus: No More Cannabis, Sex And Mass Tourism, Citizens Demand
- Mount Wellington cable car gets backing from alternative council
- Germany's integration councils — the election for everyone
- Oakland Mayor Schaaf fires back at City Council members over police funding debate
- After New York Tests a New Way of Voting, Other Cities May Do the Same
- Worcester Parking Fees, Fines To Rise Under Proposal
- Can Hull build on its UK City of Culture status beyond 2017?
- Atlantic City Is Just The Latest Place To Shut Down Its Needle Exchange Amid A Deadly Rise In US Overdose Deaths
- UK City of Culture: A beginner's guide to Coventry
- Family farm banned from city farmers market over refusal to host gay weddings awaits ruling in legal battle
- As defund the police movement trickles down from big cities, small-town America pays the price
- Ekka public holiday to be moved for three council areas
- Minneapolis Will Dismantle Its Police Force, Council Members Pledge
- Jason Rantz: Seattle mayor now says city needs police – but it’s too little, too late as things get worse
- Liverpool City Council: What does the future hold?
- Northern Ireland councils prepare to take planning plunge
Worcester City Council council to promote Faithful City at prestigious tourism show have 510 words, post on www.worcesternews.co.uk at March 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.