He expressed the hope that FIDE's support would not stop at training chess players but would extend to the sharing of experience in refereeing work and the organisation of big tournaments.
The deputy PM requested the Vietnam Chess Federation and the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism to cooperate closely with FIDE to hold chess tournaments, thus stimulating the development of the sport in Vietnam.
He said in the immediate future, Vietnam would consider the organisation of chess tournaments for students to popularise the sport and attract more social resources for its development. The country will also work to enhance the training of chess teachers for general schools.
The FIDE president noted that chess has developed strongly in Vietnam, with many Vietnamese chess players recording outstanding achievements at regional and global events.
He underlined that Vietnam is an active member of FIDE, and has hosted many international chess events, including the world youth championship.
He pledged that FIDE will further support Vietnam to host big international chess tournaments in the future. –VNA
- Liem shines at FIDE Grand Swiss chess tournament
- Liem draws, Son wins at FIDE Grand Swiss in England
- Vietnamese GMs reap positive results at FIDE Grand Swiss
- Le Quang Liem draws in seventh match at FIDE Grand Swiss
- Liêm draws in seventh match at FIDE Grand Swiss
- Vietnam’s chess grandmaster to compete in Isle of Man Open
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 28
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 24
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 27
- Vietnamese chess masters expected to dominate SEA Games
- Chess: Wang Hao shocks elite to win at Isle of Man after David Howell blunders
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES TODAY
- Isle of Man chess: Viswanathan Anand draws round 9
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 18
Vietnam asks for FIDE’s help in organising big chess tournaments have 387 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 11, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.