The visit will be made at the invitation of Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang, announced the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Vietnam and the RoK set up diplomatic ties on December 22, 1992. The two countries elevated the bilateral relationship to the level of strategic partnership in 2009.
According to Vietnam’s General Department of Customs, two-way trade between Vietnam and the RoK hit 61.5 billion USD in 2017, a year-on-year increase of 41.3 percent.
Vietnam’s exports to the RoK reached 14.8 billion USD, while its imports from the East Asian country stood at 46.7 billion USD, up 30 percent and 45.3 percent against 2016, respectively.
The two countries have set a target of 100 billion USD in two-way trade by 2020.
The RoK was the second largest foreign investor in Vietnam last year, just behind Japan, with total registered capital of 8.49 billion USD.
In terms of accumulative investment, the country ranked first among 125 countries and territories investing in Vietnam, with total investment capital of 57.7 billion USD by the end of December 2017.-VNA
- Trump's state visit should be scrapped, critics say
- President pays tributes to Galwan bravehearts, hits out at ‘expansionist’ China
- NSCDC Commandant pays courtesy visit to Prince Ned Nwoko (photos)
- Vietnam’s ambassador presents credentials to Timor Leste President
- 25 years of Vietnam-US diplomatic relations – Part 2: A debonair 'lock breaker'
- Korean woman impressed with free Internet services in Vietnam
- Feeling all white! First ladies face off in coordinating suits at the State Arrival Ceremony - but while Brigitte Macron opts for a classic look, Melania Trump makes a bold statement in a trendy hat
- Macron-mania: French president and his wife follow red-carpet reception with casual Washington walkabout ahead of state welcome from Trump at the White House
- Pence visits West Virginia governor's Greenbrier resort
- Pence Visits West Virginia Governor, Congratulates State’s Response To Coronavirus
- Trump visits hospitalized younger brother in New York
- State court rules Warriors must pay Oakland, Alameda County for arena renovations
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 25
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 24
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 15
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 17
- Hau Giang looks to expand multifaceted cooperation with RoK
- Close contacts of Vietnamese COVID-19 patients in RoK quarantined
- S.Korean activist seeks justice for wartime massacre victims in Vietnam
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 26
RoK President to pay State visit to Vietnam have 391 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 15, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.