Research scientist Janelle Shane trains a neural network to create D&D monsters. Behold Hatfright, Giant Fraithwarp, Wendless Woll and Marraganralleraith.
has advanced in interesting ways, and often peculiar ones.
AI can transform an episode of the retro Bob Ross painting show into a Dungeons & Dragons.and reimagine . Now it seems AI is pretty good at playing the role-playing fantasy tabletop game
Janelle Shane, a research engineer for an optics company who also likes to experiment with neural-network programming, trained a machine-learning system to create new monsters for D&D.
Shane gathered the names of 2,205 creatures from the second-edition Dungeons & Dragons monster manual. Her neural network then transformed those names into new imaginary creatures like a Wolfworm, Spectral Slug, Jabberwont, Burglestar and Marraganralleraith, to name just a few.
Of course, you can’t play D&D without coming across some dragons, and the neural network came up with those too, including Curple Lard Dragon, Will O’Dragon and the dreaded Death Seep Dragon.
If an AI making bizarre D&D creature creations wasn’t cool enough, Shane also created an algorithm called a recurrent neural network to generate D&D spells like Barking Sphere, Hold Mouse, Gland Growth, Summon Ass and Shield of Farts.
In addition to her D&D AI adventures, Shane also trained a machine-learning system to generate new phrases for.
- 30 Movies to Watch If You Like
- Genres that some gamers inexplicably hate (and why they shouldn't)
- Dishonored Diary: Playing through in four different ways
- 10 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Star Wars
- How to watch the best films of all time: The movies that a top critic rates as the best in genre - and the streaming services where you can see them - UPDATED with the list from the final episode and downloads
- Sunless Skies review - a rather more accessible literary space monstrosity
- Death Stranding review: The most important game of the year?
Oh hai Spectral Slug: AI makes new D&D monsters have 422 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.