The new Nissan Z would allegedly be available with a Mercedes-sourced turbocharged four-cylinder and the 3.0-liter turbo V6 from some Infinitis.
Take this rumor with a huge grain of salt, but the next-generation Z-car could come from a partnership between Nissan and Mercedes-Benz. The new sports coupe would allegedly debut in 2019 just in time for the 50th anniversary of the original 240Z . Japan’s Response.jp claims that Nissan insiders are feeling some pressure from the new Supra, and the company is eyeing the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show for the model’s unveiling. Unfortunately, the site only cites the extremely vague “European agents” as the source for this info.
370Z successor rendered:
Nissan would allegedly use a Mercedes-Benz platform to underpin the new Z-car. It would reportedly also source a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder from the German brand. The range-topping trim would take the 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 from models like the Infiniti Q60 . This mill is available in 300- (224-) and 400-horsepower (298-kilowatt) versions, and the next Z-car would likely have the more powerful one because the current 370Z Nismo has 350 hp (260 kW). Response.jp also suggests a hybrid version would be in the lineup, which seems like a lot of engine options for a fairly niche vehicle.
Gallery: 2018 Nissan 370Z
Nissan execs have been clear about a new Z car coming, but they haven’t provided a good timeframe for the latest generation’s arrival. Philippe Klein, the company’s Chief Planning Officer, recently said that the next-gen Z had a low priority in the firm’s future. However, North American VP of product planning Michael Bunce told Motor1.com that the sports coupe was a few years away. Neither of these reports line up with Response.jp’ s claims that the vehicle could debut in about a year, though.
After a decade on the market, the 370Z has lost popularity among buyers. Through February 2018, Nissan has delivered 536 of them in the United States so far in the year, which was down from 748 units in the same period of 2017.
Gallery: 2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition
- NASA And Nissan Are Teaming Up To Make Robo-Cars Of The Future
- Here's What The Ferrari And Mercedes F1 Cars Will Sound Like This Year
- The 2017 Mercedes F1 Car Is The Gorgeous Racer With The Dumb Name We've All Been Waiting For
- UK F1 team Mercedes links up with Tata's global fiber ring
- Did A Possible Federal Indictment Make This Race Team Sell Its Cars?
- Nissan's High-Performance Halo Car For Dubai Is A Three-Row SUV
- Mercedes bionic car
- The World Will Learn From Nissan's Awesome Le Mans Car No Matter What
- Ex-Formula One Driver Adrian Sutil Might Drive Nissan's Le Mans Race Car
- Former Ford Engineer Allegedly Running Apple's Car Development Program Quits
- Mercedes-Benz unveils connected, self-driving concept car
- I've Purchased Bad Cars And I Need To Change My Ways! What Car Should I Buy?
- I Want The Impossible Combo Of Cheap, Fast, Reliable, And Unique! What Car Should I Buy?
- Watch This Savage Mom Start Auctioning Off Son's Totaled Car To Bystanders After Wreck (Update)
- My Mom Needs Something Cheap And Fancy To Cram A V8 Into! What Car Should She Buy?
- Baidu will put self-driving cars on the road by 2020
- How Tomorrow's Race Car Got Bogged In Today's Lawsuits
- Nissan Wants To Achieve Invincibility Someday But Can't, Because France
- Now Mercedes Gets Hit With A Lawsuit From Owners Over Diesel Emissions
- I'll Believe A Nissan 400Z Is Happening When I See It On Dealer Lots
Nissan Allegedly Teaming Up With Mercedes For Next-Gen Z Car have 610 words, post on www.motor1.com at March 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.