A married couple in China have realised their paths crossed 11 years before they met when the husband appeared in the background of a picture of the wife.
Mr Ye and his wife Ms Xue were both visiting May Fourth Square in Qingdao, China and had pictures taken of themselves at the same time.
As Ms Xue poses for her photo, a man posing for his own photo can be seen in the background.
Little did Ms Xue know, however, that that man would later become her husband.
The couple, who have twin daughters, met and fell in love in 2011 in Chengdu, but it was in July 2000 that their paths first crossed, unbeknownst to them until this month when Mr Ye was looking through old photographs in a family album.
Mr Ye was trying to work out whether his daughters most resembled him or his wife, so on a visit to his mother-in-law’s house, he decided to rifle through an old photo album.
It was then that the discovery was made.
And in another strange twist of fate, it emerged that both Mr Ye and Ms Xue had been visiting the square thanks to their mothers.
Mr Ye was with a tour group but was only there because his mother had fallen ill with appendicitis after booking the trip so he had stepped in to take her place.
Ms Xue was actually there with her mother, who was recovering from an operation three months earlier and decided to go on a relaxing trip to the city.
And Mr Ye says as soon as he saw the photo, he recognised himself and was then able to find his own photo to prove his point.
“I heard her mention before that she had been to Qingdao, while I also went to Qingdao and took pictures at the May Fourth Square. We didn’t know it yet,” Mr Ye told Sina News.
“When I saw the photo, I was taken by surprise and I got goosebumps all over my body… that was my pose for taking photos. I also took a photo, it was the same posture (as captured in Ms Xue’s photo), just from a different angle.”
After Mr Ye shared the images on social media, the story quickly went viral, with many people expressing their delight at the strange twist of fate.
Mr Ye says the square will now hold special meaning for the family, and he hopes to return soon with his children.
“It seems that Qingdao is certainly one of the most special cities (for us),” he said. “When the children are older, we will go to Qingdao again and the family will take a photo again.”
- 'Every girl has the right to be exactly who she is': Sussexes website posts throwback footage of 11-year-old Meghan Markle protesting on Nickelodeon about a sexist soap commercial to mark '#DayoftheGirl'
- How an 11-year-old came to swim the Channel
- Married Couple With A Newborn Needs A Mortgage Without a Lot of Money Down
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: James Middleton to marry his French girlfriend after popping the question with beautiful sapphire sparkler
- Not such a folly! Grand Designs couple who spent £400,000 buying and renovating a 'mini-castle' put it on the market for £850,000 - just nine months after moving in
- Thomas Rhett and Lauren Akins celebrate their seven year wedding anniversary with charming Instagram posts: 'You treat me way too good'
- When SHE was 16 going on 17! Rare black and white photos capture a teenage Julie Andrews singing, dancing, and relaxing at home - 14 years before The Sound of Music
- China's wealthiest 1,800 people saw their net worth rise 10 per cent last year - despite US trade war - with the average fortune now £1.1billion
- NASA successfully launches space weather satellite ICON after two years of delays
- Zayn Malik's youngest sister Safaa has got married aged 17
- 'I've had a LOT of help to look like this at 60!': There have been rumours of cosmetic tweaks over the years, now, ahead of a milestone birthday, the Duchess of York finally confesses all... from Botox and two types of facelift to stem cell therapy
- Brie Larson looks stunned after fan PROPOSES to his partner during Comic Con photo op: 'Much love to the happy couple!'
- Smitten couple who got engaged after ONE month of dating reveal how they felt 'an instant connection' - and went on to tie the knot just four weeks later
- It's over! MAFS star Susie Bradley unfollows and deletes all couple photos with NRL bad boy Todd Carney after eight months of dating... but what about their matching tattoos?
- Hailey Bieber glows in a newly released reception photo of her gorgeous custom Vera Wang dress which she paired with sneakers
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians: Kanye West questions Kim's 'sexy' corset look night before Met Gala
- 10 of the UK's best railway cycle paths
- 'Crossing the Atlantic with no fuel:' Can superyachts really go green?
- Havoc in Havana leads to wedding bell blues for Canadians married to Cubans
- iPhone 11 and Pixel 4 cameras' secret sauce: Why computational photography matters
Married couple realise their paths crossed 11 years before they met thanks to photo have 877 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at March 14, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.