Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam is the fastest-growing market in South EastAsia in terms of mobile e-commerce growth, says the latest report on SoutheastAsia’s 2017 e-commerce status by iPrice.
In the past 12 months, mobile phone usage in Vietnam has grown on an average of19 percent, accounting for 72 percent of the overall e-commerce Web traffic. Incomparison to other Southeast Asian countries, Vietnam enjoyed the steepestgrowth at 26 percent.
However, in absolute terms, Indonesia is leading mobile e-commerce, with 87 percentof the traffic coming from mobile phones.
Meanwhile, traffic via personal computers is less than 30 percent in allcountries in the region.
Vietnam is also the leader in website conversion rate, which measures thepercentage of website visitors that turn into customers, with a conversion rateof up to 65 percent, closely followed by Singapore and Indonesia.
Meanwhile, with the low use of credit cards (except in Singapore), e-commercemerchants are offering more payment options to reach out to shoppers.
In Vietnam, 86 percent of merchants offer online payment, while cash ondelivery is offered by more than 80 per cent of the players. Besides this, inboth Vietnam and Thailand, almost 50 percent of the merchants offer offlinepoint of sales.
This is due to the popularity of online to offline e-commerce models, such asThe gioi di dong (Vietnam Mobile World), FPT Shop and Nguyen Kim, the reportsaid.
However, due to lower gross domestic product per capital (6,880 USD) comparedto other countries in the region, Vietnam has the lowest basket size, with anaverage order value of just 23 USD.
iPrice’s data was collected from over 1,000 e-commerce players operating in thesix largest Southeast Asian markets, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore,Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam.-VNA
- VN leads mobile e-commerce growth in Southeast Asia
- Internet economy yet to take off in Southeast Asia
- E-commerce booms in Vietnam but top firms stay in the red
- Vietnam leads Southeast Asia in digital economy development
- Amazon and Alibaba to compete in Vietnam e commerce’s ring
- E-commerce battle for share
- New legal framework required for Vietnam’s fast-growing e-commerce
- E-Commerce Is Accelerating the Rise of a Common Southeast Asian Consumer Market
- E-commerce in a new game