Vietnamese Ambassador Duong Chi Dung at the 37th session of the UN Human Rights Council. Photo: vov.vn The first week of the event will feature a high-level meeting, to be attended by President of the UN General Assembly Miroslav Lajcak, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad al Hussein and nearly 100 leaders of countries and international organisations. Opening the event, UN Secretary-General Guterres and leaders of member countries welcomed achievements that mankind has made since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was issued 70 years ago. They stressed that the international community should make more efforts to tackle challenges facing human rights, while strengthening cooperation in implementing global commitments, especially the Agenda 2030 on sustainable development. Guterres and other UN officials expressed concern about the expansion of terrorism, extremism, xenophobia, discrimination and migration. The human rights situation in Syria and Rakhine State of Myanmar also drew attention. Vietnam will deliver presentations and join discussion on a number of issues during the four-week session, and contribute to the negotiation process to build documents of the UN Human Rights Council. On the sidelines of the session, Vietnam will host an international seminar on the role of… Read full this story
- U.S. to leave UN’s Human Rights Council, cites ‘chronic bias’ against Israel
- US leaving UN human rights council, cites bias vs Israel
- Indonesia Urges Human Rights Council to Take 'Real Actions' Against Israel
- International rights groups: 'Philippines unfit for seat in UN Human Rights Council'
- International rights groups: 'Philippines unfit for seat on UN Human Rights Council'
- With seat in UN Human Rights Council, Philippines obligated to uphold human rights
- Russia wants to swoop in on the empty spot left by the US on the UN Human Rights Council
- Indonesia 'Regrets' US Decision to Withdraw From Human Rights Council
- Amid withdrawal threat, Pompeo, Haley to speak about UN Human Rights Council
- Philippines won’t pull out of UN Human Rights Council
Vietnam attends UN Human Rights Council’s 37th session have 337 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 26, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.