In the past week, the U.S. stock market has seen its two biggest one-day drops in history. The market is down more than 10% from its recent high point, entering “correction” territory. This is good. The nature of the stock market, historically, is that over short periods of time it goes up and down, but over long periods of time it goes up. This is why it is advisable only to invest money that you can afford to set aside for a decade or more—money socked away for retirement, for example. Every extended move of the stock market in a single direction—a long time going down, or a long time going up—just portends a reversal to come. Since the great recession bottomed in 2009, we have been in one of the longest bull markets in U.S. history. This is why the past several years have been filled with an ever-increasing frequency of financial news stories wondering “When will the party end?” The professional investing class, which makes a living by investing money rather than by working, depends on rising markets for income, and so they tend to be high strung and obsessive in their market-fretting. People who work for a… Read full this story
- Stock market: Bearish sentiment pushes returns to negative
- Stock market extends losses to day two, sheds 0.06%
- Stock Markets: Why investors should not let market corrections dampen their spirits
- Positive outlook for stock market despite downward trend in May
- Stock Market Forecast For The Next Six Months: What Can You Expect?
- The Bad Days Have Been Really Bad in 2018’s Stock Market
- Stocks Close Higher As Wall Street Cheers Jobs Report; Nasdaq Clears Key Level
- Stock market bleeds on political uncertainties
- China Growth Stocks Slammed As Nasdaq Paces Drop; 3 Reasons To Hold Apple
- Political uncertainties dominate outlook for stock market in H2’18
This Stock Market Drop Is Good have 321 words, post on splinternews.com at February 9, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.