Tesla’s solar shingles are an exciting new way to power some of your home. Rather than put solar panels on top of your roof, the shingles themselves contain photovoltaic cells to harness the sun’s rays. After over a year in development, you can now buy these solar shingles directly from Tesla’s website. But if that’s not your style, there will soon be a second option: buying Tesla’s solar shingles at your local Home Depot.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
According to a report from Bloomberg, Tesla has reached an agreement with Home Depot to have a designated section in 800 of its stores where the company will sell its solar panels and Powerwall battery packs. While you won’t be able to pick up some roof tiles right away, one source says that they are likely coming soon.
Home Depot has slightly over 2,000 stores in the U.S, so Tesla won’t be in every store, but there’s a good chance they’ll be at one near you. Tesla is also reportedly in talks with Lowe’s, so if your local Home Depot doesn’t have a deal with Tesla, there’s a chance the neighborhood Lowe’s will.
The move into brick and mortar stores will introduce Tesla products to millions of homeowners who might not be aware of the electric vehicle maker’s solar rooftop technology. Seeing the product firsthand could also spur customers to start investing in a solar rooftop of their own. Thanks to this deal, more American households will replace their dull wooden shingles with solar cells to start generating clean electricity.
- Walmart Says Tesla Solar Panels Set Fires Atop Stores
- Better Buy: Walmart Inc. vs. Home Depot
- Lowe’s Now Your Home for Screws, Spackle … and Solar Panels
- This new solar panel program lets residents, businesses save thousands of dollars
- 11 great deals you'll find at Home Depot's appliance and lighting sale — including Whirlpool refrigerators and Maytag dishwashers
- Solar Panel Tariff Will Cost Over $2.5 Billion In Projects And Thousands Of Jobs, Developers Say
- Home Depot Suffers the Curse of the Over-Achiever
- Solar Energy: New Alloy Material Could Double The Efficiency Of Solar Panels
- A financial analyst breaks down why Trump's tariffs could be excruciating for Home Depot and Lowe's (HD, LOW)
- High costs hinder locals from installing rooftop solar panels